chapter 6

Chapter 6:

In my life, when I was young I did not anticipate a separation from my dad, with seeing my mom in so much misery it's easier to hate him and people that helped him be what he isn't, an alcoholic.

The great vikram, became a soora alcohol seller.

He is smart I can give him that but what he doesn't know is how far his knowledge is with the people he surrounds himself with.

Sathyan Soosaiyappan, the man, the boss that my dad had claimed to have helped him the day he got drunk. The man through which he got all that he have now.

A man who is a criminal even before dad has ever joined him. But he will have a death different from others.

Finally here, meeting with Gnanodayam, deputy chief minister of tamil nadu and the police department of TN. They are briefing about all of their syndicate details. All that I know of.

Now all I need is to be familiar with the grown face of my father, sathyan his accomplice and rocky sathyan's son. Oh! I forgot gnanodayam. He thinks I don't know that he is fairly involved in all these, but he is gonna get the surprise in the end.

Now I see my dad, 500 metres away with his gang, beating up local gangs who doesn't go his way. And here I am plotting his demises step away with 4 police men addressed to this mission. This has to go my way.

"we need to keep our eyes on red shirt rocky, the white blue check; micheal, then blue shirt; Anthony got it guys"

"yes sir."

My phone vibrated inside my pocket interrupting the discuss. I stopped cursing on my mind when I saw whose it was.

" okay guys you guys can start the work I will meet you guys tomorrow morning for the briefing with gnanam."

"okay sir."

Stirring away from them I got inside the car, finally taking the phone.

" why are you calling nonstop? If I didn't take the first time, you should know I will call you back."

"H-hello."

Fuck. Shouldn't have yelled at her but i quickly calmed all the frustration and spoke as  softly as i could.

" yes jaanu."

" amma wants to talk to you."

Fuck . Talk to me more before that jaanu!

" yeah. Give it to her."

Shuffling sound stopped when I heard my mom breath through the speaker.

" what is it ma? What happened?"

" I think I will come early there before Janaki."

"and why is that?"

"she is having a fever, she is really weak to travel right at the moment so I am taking all the goods felt that you haven't taken. Doctor told her to rest a few days before travelling."

Panic was there when I heard about her seeing a doctor.

" but she have not travelled alone amma, what happened? Is it serious?"

"no, just fever, headache is there, when she walks her head hurts. She is going to be fine. Medicine is there. And about travel. You know Kashi down the road, they are coming to Mahabalipuram, they offered to drop her to our place."

" can't you come with her amma?"

I could hear her hesitation and I just couldn't understand. But in a way I know it's better if dad or anyone else here know about her at the moment.

" it's okay amma I think you can do as you think but she should be safe, you that right?"

" Janaki is like my daughter you know , and her being safe isn't something I will compromise unless its totally required."

"okay, Ma. Just give the phone to her. I need to talk to her."

"Mm."

I could hear her telling jaanu to take the phone. I wanted to hear her voice again so badly. But i got hear mom say, 

" she doesn't want to talk, said you should go do what was important."

I knew it, I shouldn't have raised my voice.

"put it on speaker and keep it near her, ma. Then you can leave her alone, I will talk to her like that, okay?"

" okay. Take care okay."

" okay, Ma."

Seconds later I hear the door close.

"jaanu."

I heard her gasp at the voice in her silent room , making me sigh in relief.

"listen, I didn't think before speaking. It's my fault. I shouldn't have done that to my pretty wife, but unfortunately you dreamed of marrying me, but I will not do that again okay?"

I could only hear her breath. Please talk, please.

"say something nah. Just anything. Mom said you are sick. Even if I sounded like an asshole, I am still the husband, so give this bad man a second of relief and say something jaanu, Mm?

"I wasn't feels well, I was really dizzy throughout the day, so I went to the doctor down the road with Ma. She said to take rest and take medicine."

She spoke with such gentleness I almost missed it.

"then take rest and come to me safely okay va?"

"okay."

"I will call you at night, will you wait from me?"

She giggled, there she was, upset at one moment, giggling the other.

"I will wait for you."

"okay bye."

God! I could die for her.