chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

In life you're  faced with a choice to make. I could accept my dad as he is now, and move on from it my way. Or I could still refuse to accept him, and find a way to get back at him. But it isn't an easy path.

The path to his mind isn't easy now that I lost whatever emotion he had for me as his son. He is clever as Gnanam said but I am his son. Apple does not fall from its tree now does it. The point is if I will act on it or not?

The thing is, I have time, he is cautions of me, he has this notion that I will attack him now or soon. But I have no worries. The fact is that; dad could've left me to die for all he cared. But he didn't, sentiments really do get him. Empathy to a begging woman, crying for help.

Knowingly or unknowingly jaanu gave me a brilliant opportunity, but I have time.

So faced him; refraining myself from giving away too much. Mom stood at the door, staggering towards stairs, I pat jaanu's back, let her know we should get inside, holding her hands, I walked slowly towards the house.

" He was really angry when I first saw him." Jaanu mentions. Nodding, I look down at her, her hands still gripping my shirt. "it's alright."

"I think he gave something to mom, she was unconscious, woke up like 2 hour ago."

Prick.

Gripping my shirt, a little hard, I stopped at the track, and looked at her, and quietly she spoke;

"he has a room full of guns and weapon" she said quietly . 

I laughed and she looked at me like I was mad. "I came here before, I know that."

whispering an oh, she just nodded in agreement, I have an adorable wife.

I was gonna take a step when he pointed his gun towards me, the women in house stood in shock,

'vikram' mom walked to him trying to save me. His glare stopping her. 

Like I said, he is cautions. I took the step, leaving my hand from jaanu's tight hold, I step towards him, gun coming in contact with my chest, letting him decide. To kill me or not, 

"is it what you meant when you said we should fight each other, father to son?" 

Nothing crossed his face and he pulled the trigger, the click of the trigger was heard.

no bullet went past me,

" I didn't save you so I can put a bullet in your heart." He retrieved his gun.

" then why did you save me?" I challenged.

I looked him, his eyes glancing towards my wife. "take him upstairs. I can argue with you tomorrow. Give me your car key." He ordered, " in the car." I said.

"get yourself and your wife upstairs" glancing at my mom "stay in my room."

Saying that he walked out, taking my car.

Finally hugging my mother, I made sure she was alright, hearing all the complains. Having enough for one day.

--

Dad's servant showed us the guest room, janaki's bags already inside in the corner of the room. I walked inside, sat on edge of the bed, observed his luxury, a large full sized mirror just opposite to the bed I am sitting on, vintage table on both side, open balcony, the curtains dancing along the breeze, a bed; large enough to fill the room.

Jaanu stood leaning back onto the closed door, head facing down, I called upon her, but she refused to look up the first time. I called again, firmness in tone.