chapter 31

CHAPTER 31

AUTHOR'S POV

Sometimes when you feel so happy you won't feel it at the moment, rather it appears when you look back at it, in a point of your life when all seems unnatural. The flash of how happy you felt in the moment will come running through your mind like a passing train.

But sometimes the same happens when you feel the most agonising pain in your life.

Dhruv vikram; in his life knew he was not the luckiest man to be born. His life came with the flaws. It came with struggle, pain and risk.

But dhruv believed he was man who had great confidence in the way he worked. To getting revenge on his father to marrying the love of his life; he was confident in the way he moved the chess piece to the way he loved his wife.

But nothing prepared him to one day come home to his wife; from work to see her trembling on her knees.Trying to not shiver while she dialed on her phone.

The minute she heard his voice, she lost the grip on her phone, one hand immediately reaching out to him.
He ran to her side immediately, just to have her hold him in her delicate hands with the strong grip, that made him fear for second.

"What happened?" Dhruv questioned, even though he knew half the answer to it but still to assure himself and see deep into the problem. Whether he need to get her to the hospital immediately or not.

"Water broke." Janaki cried to him, clutching to him while her contraction for the first time attacked her.

Janaki was so happy the moment she came to her in law's house . With so much whining from her and blackmail about how she needs to be near his mother from naachi, dhruv finally agreed to stay with them for the last month.

The weeks she spend there with them was the happiest she felt . With the care from her mother and father, she thrived like no other; in happiness and love.

Dhruv with reluctance stayed with them. His hatred slowly fading with the time he spend with the man he called father .

Who so happily, without any bother of his presence, treated janaki like his daughter. Showering her with new toys for the baby and a personally made crib. The way he smiled when janaki said it was beautiful, still stayed fresh on dhruv's mind.

With weeks passing by they became a family back again without their own knowledge. Thriving with joy, ready welcome the new born baby.

But what dhruv didn't expect was janaki's water being broke, one week before tlhe due date that doctor said.
So the worries began to crawl up in dhruv's mind.

" Where is everyone?" Questioning the absence of elders in the house , dhruv took her to the nearest seat, trying to settle her before getting his car ready. But janaki shook her head and refused to sit down , only walking closer to him, gripping both his hands that surrounded her in a protective armour.

" Amma and appa went to the temple. Manickam uncle just ran outside, told; he was going call someone to driver to the hospital." Without shuttering with pain she replied back.

" Okay! How about i go and get the car started and we get to the hospital? What do you say?" Dhruv asked with utmost calmness that he can have, even though he was panic inside.

"No !" Janaki whispered making him pause.

"I-i am ah! s-scared!" Biting her lips through the pain, she told him.

Not knowing what to say dhruv looked at her with bewildered expression.

"Jaanu." But janaki interrupted.

" I know, i am a coward for saying this, but i feel so scared dhruv. Please help me." Looking up at him with glassy eyes, she whispered.

Getting out of his paused state, he took her against him, holding his palms against the bump, and looked her in the eye.

"Jaanu, breathe for me. Okay ?" Calling her out to him, he tried distracting her with his words.

Nodding she followed his command. Breathing with him, trying to calm herself out of the panic.

" Jaanu, look at me. I know it's hard jaanu. But we are going to go to hospital and they will help you. And i will be there for you okay? I love you jaanu."

Reassuring her with simple words he kissed her forehead, letting her nod back against his lips, crying through the pain of her contraction again.

"Dhruv pa." Manickam called him out from the door, " the car is here ."

Nodding to him, he glanced back at janaki, who nodded back at him, indicating that she is ready.

Finally settling janaki with the nurses, dhruv convinced her to let him talk to the doctor.

Even though the nurses assured her they will help her, janaki refused to let dhruv out of her sight, afraid she might go in panic without him.

But with sweet words he cooded her into leaving his hands, almost embarassing to do in his uniform with 2 -3 nurses present. But they encouraged his words . Finally letting her leave his hands.

Walking into the cabin, the doctor showed him the ultrasound scan .

" The baby is in perfect position, the labour will tale 12 to 24 hours since its her first birth." Telling the husband who looked at the screen with focus, the doctor reassured.

But dhruv questioned," it's one week early doctor, is that okay?"

"It's fine, she will be in good hands. If you want, you come to labour room when she is dilated enough to give birth okay?"

Nodding to the doctor, he walked to see his mother and father rushing towards the hallway. Hugging his mom, he told them the picture of what happened.

"Sorry dear, we shouldn't have gone out without thinking." Naachi said letting him know how sorry she was to not being there when janaki's water broke.

"It's Ma, manickam was there."
Glancing at his silent father who looked equally sorry and worried, he spoke.

"She is in the room. Come."

Walking to room, they met with janaki  and a nurse near her.

" She is fine. Let her have rest. I will be back when it's time."

Nodding and telling a thank you they let her walk out of the room.

Everyone sighing in relief on seeing the half smiling  woman lying on the bed.

------------------

Hi people, iam running low on motivation but i suddenly feel like killing off their baby and putting a sad ending: what do you think?
Should i make him go through agonizing pain of loosing his child ... Maybe janaki too .

Bye people<3