chapter 22

CHAPTER 22:

AUTHOR'S POV:

There is no one in the world who is not afraid of at least one thing in their life if they have something to loose.

There was a time when Dhruv had nothing much to lose. Revenge was what all he knew. That was what driven him. Until he met the love of his life.

From there, he had so much to lose. The reason why no one and absolutely no one knew about her when he came back for revenge was that the fact he prioritized Janaki's safety. Even if he tried to deny his love for her, she wasn't something that he wanted to loose.

He can argue with Janaki about anything he wants, but the truth was nobody was allowed near her with the truth of him being a monster who kills people, with his fucked morality. Janaki only knew that he hurts people like the police man that he is. the only man that Janaki knew he had killed was the man that killed her brother. Nothing other than that.

One can say dhruv was afraid of how she will react, how one day she will realise the child that she bears is the child of a man that kills people under the mask of morality.

He could take anything in his way but his jaanu leaving him wasn't something that he wanted in his life. So nobody, not even his father was allowed to utter anything nearly close to that topic before her.

So when he heard how he was going plant a minute bit of suspicion in her mind he interrupted and made her walk away.

" appa!. I know your angry with me but is it nice to use that tone to your daughter in law." Dhruv wanted him to stop with his need prove how worse than him his son was, he wanted him to never speak to his wife about all of this.

But vikram knew something wasn't right about his son's behavior. The sudden interruption. The need to get Janaki out his sight seemed too tensed for a man that was insanely unafraid of anything by the time he got to meet the new version of his own son.

Scoffing for a reply vikram let his son take a seat before him. Determine to find the weakness in the man that was so flawed yet invisible to his naked eyes.

" tell me son, does your sweet wife not know how you killed rocky instead of me who you clearly had vengeance against? Huh? Does she not know the man that she loves oh so much has a behavior so unknown to her?" the father challenged.

"why do you care pa? you clearly have no business in my private life with my wife. Or is it your way of challenging the son who you clearly couldn't get your revenge on? "

Dhruv needed to get this topic out of his head even if it means directing the conversation back on the topic that hit his ego, but Janaki was important.

"oh it's not at all that son. I am an old curious man, trying understand how the woman who advocated for you in front of me does not know that she bargained her life for a man that lies to her about how much of a monster he is really is."

Vikram wasn't ready to back down from this conversation that clear sparked his interest.

" my wife's trust on me is not build on cards pa. so what if I lied to her? Are you going to tell her that I killed people that you think is innocent but are they really innocent?"

"you wanted revenge against me but you killed my son rocky and played with my emotion and made me kill my best friend. Tell me now son wouldn't it be balanced if I played with your emotion a little bit?" vikram dared. the fire in his eyes visible to the son.

" and what will you do appa? " Dhruv spoke conceitedly.

Laughing vikram replied back " I will tell her the truth about the man that you are son. That's what I am going to do. Why, are you scared?"