chapter 10

CHAPTER 10:

"He is our next target. Rocky. Rakesh Christopher."

Pining the pin on his photo I showed my men who to focus next

"Sathyavan Soosaiyappan's son."

Rocky. My father's son. Apparently he is the son my father replaced me with. And I think he did a perfect job in doing it. Listens to everything my father says like a good son.

While I was explaining our plan, I walked to the cctv footage on the computer, and saw my father and rocky looking up to the camera along with one of my men.

"you guys wait outside for some time okay!"

And three of my guys walked towards the stairs while my father and rocky walked downstairs to me.

I waited while they both walked to me, I glanced at rocky head to toe determined to know his intentions. Then with reluctance dad introduce me to him and him to me, I kept my eyes directed to him and him only.

"Little brother..." he started and then pointed his gun to me, and laughed at me, I didn't move a finger I knew he wouldn't kill me.

"Rocky!" father spoke trying to smooth the interaction between us.

"I came here to talk to you for a few minutes. You have no reason to suspect us." And showed me the gun, letting me know I can take it from him

I shook my head" I don't suspect you at all, big brother. Keep it inside. It's okay."

Happy he walked to table and kept it, taking a seat and I let my eyes wander at my father stature, his head down, ashamed to even come here I guess.

"He takes after you, Pa.. Little brother, here's the deal. I've been with your father for the last twenty years. I am like a son to him."

That made me look at him, the confidence he had to come and say that to my face.

"There hasn't been a day in these 20 years that he hasn't missed you."

I looked at my father, and he sighed out in sadness.

"Fine, he made a mistake. But was it such a grave mistake? So he drank a little. He gambled. that too, for the first time in forty years.

If he hadn't met me that day...he'd have thrown up in the bar and returned home the next morning. It's just fate."

 Pausing he spoke again, trying to make me understand "Not a day went by that he didn't long for you. He thought you'd return someday...to live like a prince and revel in the riches he amassed for you. Even my father and I hoped that you would return some day."" You know? We hoped you'd return a prince someday. But you've returned as a brutal villain instead."

I didn't speak a word and let him have his speech.