2 years later.

2 years later

" amma, I want this, will you buy me this?" the 5year old asked her mother, who only smiled down at her daughter that clung to her legs as she looked at her with puppy eyes, and all Janaki could think was

'like mother like daughter.'

"it's too sweet mizhi, you will take one bite and then you will cry to about how sweet it is, remember last time I bought something like this and you didn't finish it properly." Janaki scolded her daughter gently, who only pouted back, glaring back at her.

Dhruv was right, mizhi was just like her when she was denied of her wishes.

Before she could say something to her daughter, a voice broke their conversation.

"just buy her the sweet nah, it seems like she wants it so much." The manly voice broke her stare with her daughter, who looked just like her mother looked at source of the voice, immediately her face lighting up.

"Mathew sir." The excitement in her daughter voice made her ease up, understanding that her daughter knew the man in front of her.

"hi, mizhi! Are you out shopping with your mother" the man asked the little girl, bending down his back, poking her cheeks gently, making the girl giggle.

Straightening his back, he showed his hands forward to the woman, who he was absolutely mesmerised with. "I am Mathew Jacob. Mizhi's teacher."

The realization made Janaki gently smile to the stranger, shaking his hands.

The man's eyes did not leave Janaki's face, the fact that he almost paused to take her in, only made him surprised at himself.

"I am really sorry; I only ever saw her class teacher. I did not know." Smiling at her politeness, he left her soft hands, nodding at the woman.

"it's alright. Even I didn't know, mizhi had such a beautiful mother. Now I know where she got her cuteness from, right mizhi?" the little girl only nodded.

"yes, my amma is cute but not as such as me, right ma?" mizhi looked up at mother

But Janaki was still shocked and blushing with shyness , she never had a man other than her husband say something like that to her. The shyness only taking over her, making her awkwardly chuckle to her daughter.

"that's true mizhi, your mother isn't cute like you..... but she is so much beautiful." The last words of his barely a whisper to his own ears.

To avoid any awkwardness, Janaki initiated the conversation to continue since she has to be polite to her daughter's teacher,

"are you new in the town?" "oh! Yes. Very alone." Chuckling to him, she nodded.

"how is my mizhi in class?" hearing her name. mizhi giggle, hiding behind her back.

"oh, mizhi! She is very good kid, little troublemaker. I am sure I will tell you everything, since we have held the PTA tomorrow." He reminded her, secretly hoping he could see her. "I hope you comes."

Janaki nodded positively, "we will."

"we?" he questioned.

"mizhi's father. Last time he couldn't come, but he is home now, so." Janaki smiled.

"oh, right. Is he a solider or something? I mean who could leave someone like you alone, if it isn't for a job, right?" he spoke with a hint of jealousy that Janaki couldn't catch on. And before she could clarify he interrupted her.