029

biancacortez: New York style❤️😻

417.8K likes

user1: omg 😱

user2: that purse looks expensive

user3: in her natural habitat 🤷🏼‍♀️

lexiebeady: 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

user4: new in, former it girl is back on the Upper East Side. Xoxo gossip girl

user5: her hair thooooo

dr_meadows: 😎😎

user6: she belongs in the city

noahbridges: the most beautiful girl in the world❤️
|
user7: she's a woman actually
|
user8: and what are you? A bike. Shut the fuck up

____________________________________

NOAH'S POV

"You like whiskey, Mr. Bridges?" Mr. Cortez asked as we sat by the dinner table.

"Yes, sir." I said.

"I have a beautiful 80 year old in the back. Care to join me?" He asked and I tried to keep my face cool but it was hard when he laid that comment and I could see everyone else feel the same way.

"Sure, Mr. Cortez." I said and we got up from the table. The dinner had gone smoothly. No outburst or anything. The main conversation topic had been baseball. It was a safe choice. Sports. He even seemed nice. Like he had a good heart but a stiff exterior. We walked into his office and he gestured me to sit down. He brought out the bottle and poured up two glasses and sat down.

"So, Mr. Bridges. I understand you like my daughter." He said.

"Yes, sir. Very much." I said.

"And what are your intentions?" He asked.

"My intentions?" I asked.

"Are you gonna marry her? Start a family with her? Or are you simply just bored and will leave her in a month?" He plainly asked and I was honestly shocked by his question.

"No, sir. I'm not bored. I will marry her, someday. When it's the right time." I said completely stunned by his bluntness.

"And you will provide for her financially?" He asked.

"Yes, in the best way I can. But she does earn her own money, she earns a lot more than I do." I said.

"No surprise." He mumbled.

"Mr. Bridges, I will approve of this relationship on one condition." He said and I felt my hopes grow.

"Let's hear it." I said, trying to stay calm.

"You see Mr. Bridges. I lost my daughter. She vanished in the middle of the night. We never spoke after that. I want her to make monthly visits to New York. And you are expected to join here every two months. I want you to make sure she calls us or answer our calls once a week. And if this fails, it's it. There will be no trust fund. No calls. Nothing. She will be out of our lives. No one in the Upper East Side will ever know she exist." He said and I didn't know what to say. This world was twisted.

"I can assure you Mr. Cortez that Bianca and I will do our best to follow your condition. But you know your daughter. She won't be trampled on. If you want her to follow your condition then you have to bring this up to her." I said.

"You have balls, Mr. Bridges. I got to admit." He said and I chuckled.

"Well, during the few hours I've spent here I've learned that confidence and a sharp tongue is key to success." I said and he smiled lightly. It was the first time I'd seen him smile.

"I know your are a baseball playing country boy but  that confidence will go well here." He said and I chuckled.

We drank up and headed out to the dinner table. I sat down next to Bianca who looked terrified. I took her and and squeezed it and smiled lightly to let her know it was okay. As the night came to end, we thanked her parents for the dinner before stepping into the elevator. And I could feel Bianca take a breath of relief.

"It went well." I said and she nodded.

"No one got killed." She said and the lads chuckled.  We went back to hotel and Bianca stayed silent the entire time. I don't know if she was stunned that her parents could actually be nice to people from the lower class or if her head was spinning uncontrollably. I closed the door to the hotel room and she locked herself into the bathroom.

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said.

"You haven't said a word since we left." I said.

"I'm just tired." She said and I sighed lightly, knowing that if she wanted to tell me she would and she would do it when she had processed it in her head.

"Okay, let's watch a movie and go to sleep after." I said.

"Okay." She said. And after she was done in the bathroom she laid down on the bed and even though her head was laid in my chest with her face towards the screen, I knew she wasn't watching the movie.

Her head was blowing up.