~ 7 ~

I sat down at dinner staring down at my food. For a while. I couldn't even eat much at all. Mom nudged me and I began acting normal again. I didn't actually tune into the conversation, but I did act like it. My head felt so foggy. All of it seemed so weird. I looked up towards Jeremiah and he had already been looking in my direction. He turned back towards the conversation, laughing with them about some story. Before I knew it I was dragged upstairs with Taylor and Belly. They both got me ready.

"We are hot ass bitches," Taylor said

That was the last thing I heard before we left for the party. I drove us there so I at least had a ride home if things got rough. We made it to the house and the music was so loud. Belly was quickly met with a cake Nicole had ordered for her. I just looked over to the bar. I never trusted community drinking. Drinking in general. I was just so stressed though. I was handed a cup, and I looked to see Taylor behind it.

"Here, drink this. You're in a sour mood, we're here to celebrate and have fun," she said.

I sighed and sipped on the drink. It burned, like a lot. I made a face and Taylor just laughed at me before walking away. I made my way back to the debs.

"Okay, new topic. Did you ask Cam to the ball today?" Nicole asked Belly.

"No. I was going to do it before dinner today but... um. Everyone was there," Belly shrugged off.

"Do it right now," Nicole suggested. "Just ask him."

"What you're gonna do is you're gonna take him to an empty bedroom and ask him there," Gigi instructed.

The girls laughed and I just took another sip of my drink. It all seemed to drown out though when I looked over to see Jeremiah and... Spencer... kissing? What happened to not being his biggest fan? What happened? Nothing was more confusing than right now. I felt frozen in my spot. I was so upset, but I couldn't tell why.

"Testing testing... one two three... Alright. This one goes out to Cam Cameron and our favorite little Belly Button. Y/n? Y/n, come help me with this one," Jeremiah said over a mic, snapping me out of my haze.

I made my way to him awkwardly. He popped on the song... Summer Loving... Jeremiah, Belly, and I had watched this movie so many times together. At one point, it became just Jeremiah and I who watched it because Belly got tired of it. I sang opposite of him and it felt so awkward. We were singing a love song. A cute one, yes. The rest of the debs and Cam joined in and I just ran off once again. I made my way to my car and I sat on the back. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't talk to anyone here. They all had their own stuff. I looked down at my phone and saw Shayla's contact. She wasn't here tonight. She had to have been busy.

Hey, are you busy right now?

I sat there in silence for a while. I watched Belly come out alongside Cam.

"Y/n, Cam's gonna take me home alright!?" She shouted to me.

"Sounds good Bells!" I yelled back, my voice cracking slightly.

I looked back down at my phone to see Shayla replied.

Shayla: No, everything's alright here. No worries.

Shalya: What's wrong?

How did she know something was wrong? I sat there for a moment trying to decide what to even tell her. That my boyfriend was all fake, well, our relationship. That he was gay. That he kissed Jeremiah. That I had...

My phone rang, and I answered it, realizing soon after it was a Facetime call.

"Y/n? What happened? Are you at Nicole's party?" She questioned.

"Yeah. It's Nicole's party," I answered.

"Is everything alright?" she asked. "Why are you crying?"

I hadn't even fully realized I had started crying. Why was I crying?

"If you say something, I won't repeat it. I'm your big sister. I'm supposed to be a shoulder to lean on," she said, lightening the mood a bit and making me chuckle.

"I just..." I said.

"If you don't want to talk about it, that's alright. You should drink some water and sober up so you can get home," she said.

"I want to tell you. I just don't understand it myself, Shayla," I explained.

"That's alright. Get a good night's rest and we can talk about it when you need," she said.

I nodded and smiled at her, "Thank you."

"Of course. When I get back from New York from my dress fittings we'll have a sleepover or something. It can get you out of your space and help clear your mind," she said.

I nodded once again, "It's a deal."

"Alright then love, have a good night okay? Call me if you need anything," she said.

We hung up the phone a moment after and I went back inside for some water and food.

"Heyyy Y/n! Where'd you go? Is everything alright?" Jere asked as he hung onto my shoulder.

"I'm fine Jeremiah," I said and walked out.

I made my way home that night, confused as to what was happening to me. I woke up to a knock at the door and found Jeremiah behind it. He held out a box of muffins for me.

"We got the good muffins this morning and I thought you'd want some," he said with a smile.

All I could see was him kissing Spencer. What was that? I didn't mean it in a homophobic way, it was fine if they both liked guys... It just felt so... hurtful.

"Thanks," I said, taking the box.

"Well um... If you want, we can hang out later. You seem like you need to wake up before we could do anything too crazy," he said.

"I'll let you know," I replied.

We both stayed quiet for a few minutes.

"Well... I should uh. I should get going then," he said.

"I'll see you."

The door shut, but problems opened. I just needed a minute to take everything in before I could do anything about it.