17.

—Diluc—
I just finished my shift at the tavern and Y/n helped me clean everything before I locked the tavern and we left the city.Our fingers are tightly intertwined,walking close to each other.She is tired even though she keeps denying it.Oh my dearest how you offer to help me all the time.I should be the one doing all the job and you should just sit and do other things.

We are almost home,being in Springvale right now.I look at her side profile,admiring her beauty.She looks at me as well and smiles."Is everything good?" She asks and I nod."Yes..very" I smile and she nods.We walk in silence until I hear many familiar voices.Oh my Archons.Not this time.Even if it means my life.

Y/n frowns from the voices and I quickly get in front of her,grabbing my claymore."Diluc...please be careful" she whispers,fear in her voice."Don't worry love.I will not allow anything to happen to you anymore" I say and she looks at me with a worried expression."I'm talking about you.Please be careful" she says and some figures catch my attention.

Fatui.

"Ah boys look we already found him.It was easier than we thought" one of them says."I agree.You can let your blade down we are not here to fight.At least not today.We just have to give you this" one of them says and grabs an envelope from his pocket.I frown,grabbing the envelope.The Fatui turn around and walk away in the same hurry they got here.

I put my blade away and Y/n looks at me."What is that Diluc?" She asks and I shrugs."I have no idea" I say,opening the envelope revealing an..invitation?

In 2 days,7 pm.
The Northland Bank in Liyue Harbor.
The Fatui are organizing a party at the very well known bank.If you have received this letter,it means you have been invited and cannot refuse.Remember to have this invitation at you when you get there or else you won't enter!
-The Fatui.

Me and Y/n read the letter at the same time and she looks at me."You have been invited to a Fatui party? Are you going?" She asks and I look in her eyes."We have been invited.Not just me.Do you want to go?" I ask and she looks down."I don't know..it's been some time since I went somewhere like this.Plus I don't have a dress" she says and I gently grab her face.

"That can be solved very easily my dear.Just tell me.Do you want to go or not?" I ask and she falls silent for a moment."Yes.Maybe we should go" she says and I smile."Alright.Let's go home now we can talk about it later" I say and Y/n nods.We intertwine our fingers again,continuing our walk towards the winery.

So many questions are crossing my mind.Why did they invite me to their party? We are enemies.I killed tons of Fatui agents.Is this a trap? It can't be I've heard people talk about the party at the tavern some days ago.I don't know what to say..maybe it's dangerous to take Y/n with me.I will be with her all the time.There's no way I'll leave her alone a single moment.Maybe it's better we go.

And about her dress..I'll let Adeline know.She will take my darling's measurements tomorrow and I will get her the most beautiful dress made just for her.I'll wear that costume I planned on wearing for some time now and I'll get her the perfect dress..all made just for her.

Next day,Y/n—
Diluc left the winery like an hour ago with some business and apparently Adeline the house maid will take my measurements for a dress.I asked Diluc for details but he refused to give me the slightest hint.He is planning something.Ugh he will most likely get me a very expensive dress that I'll feel bad for..

"Lady Y/n? Are you ready?" Adeline knocks at my door."Yes Adeline come in" I say and she walks in the room."Alright.Please stay still" she says,taking my measurements from my chest,my stomach and my hips carefully.

"Lady Y/n I'm so glad you are back here.I'm so happy to see Master Diluc happy.Even though of course,he still holds his intimidating aura obviously,there's still a hint of softness in his words now.I'm so glad you are here.He was a complete mess before you came here" she says and I smile. "I'm so glad to be back here Adeline" I say and she smiles at me.

She soon finishes taking my measurements,writing everything down."Alright that's it" she says,turning around and walking at the door."Wait Adeline.I have a question do you know anything about the dress Diluc wants to get me?" I ask and she stops walking."I'm sorry lady Y/n I have no idea" she says and I look down.

  "Oh..I understand.Thank you anyway" I say and she walks out of the room.I turn around,looking at myself in the mirror.I missed 5 of my birthdays.I look so different now but I still look good I would say.Diluc waited for me five years I can't believe this.I love him so much..

I suddenly hear repeated knocks on the door and a familiar voice."My love? Are you in there?" Diluc asks me."Yes dear I'm here" I say and the door opens revealing him in his usual outfit but without the coat."How are you darling?" He asks,walking behind me and wrapping his arms around me from behind,both of us looking in the mirror.

   "I'm good.Adeline took my measurements some moments ago.How are you though? Are you alright?" I ask,looking in his eyes through the mirror."Yes love I'm okay.I'm sorry I had to leave so abruptly but there was a small issue at the tavern.A man came there and started yelling profanities for no reason.He also tried to take a few bottles so I had to interfere" he says and I nod.

"Tomorrow you will have the dress dear" he says,slowly caressing the sides of my waist."I really won't get a hint? The smallest?" I ask and he shakes his head."No.It's a surprise" he says and I pout.Diluc smiles and kisses the top of my head.I love this man so much..