Chapter 15

Y/n was taking notes on their notebook, studying this so called Watch that apparently was the reason Gwen was able to travel here in the first place.

It was fascinating. New!! It interested Y/n with no bounds. So every moment that they held it or looked it, taking in every bit of information, and writing it down in their notebook.

You never know. Y/n may be able to find a way to make one themself, and travel throughout the multiverse. That would be nice to have...

"Oh wow...feelings make me hungry..." Gwen mumbled with food in her mouth, experiencing the wonderful thing known as Rio's cooking.

"Oh yeah, these plátanos are just deep fried filling." Miles explained making Gwen giggle. Miles looked over and rolled his eyes playfully as Y/n was in their own world.

"Yo, Y/n. Why don't you eat with us and talk instead of looking like a mad scientist over there?" Miles spoke in a joking manner.

"Har Har Miles. You're so funny." Y/n laughed sarcastically, but was also being playful, "But, I already ate. So I'm good."

Miles smirked and shot a web at the watch out of their hands making Y/n gasp in surprise.

"How dare you." Y/n squinted their eyes, a smile on their lips. Miles just stuck his tongue out, before he began to look at the Watch himself.

"So, this keeps you from glitching in other dimensions?" Miles asked Gwen as he felt Y/n wrap their arms around his arm.

"Yeah...It's pretty cool." Gwen nodded

"What's it gonna take for Miguel O'Hara to notice Miles Morales?" Miles said smugly, before Y/n punched his arm lightly, correcting himself, "A-and Y/n!! I didn't forget about you..." he said blushing.

"I'll put in a good word..." Gwen mumbled out hesitantly. Which Y/n caught on pretty quickly, and have Gwen a little suspicious look.

"I'm just saying. If we had a watch. We could come with you!!" Miles smiled happily, but Gwen only frowned.

"Miles look..."

"We did save the multiverse!!" Miles pridefully stated. But didn't notice Gwen's reluctance to the idea.

"It's a...really small elite strike force..." Gwen tried to reason.

"But then, that'll make it a better option if we join in too if it's so small...?" Y/n shrugged, not seeing the bigger picture.

"I can turn invisible, Y/n also can with that new camouflage module in their suit! I have like- Electric powers. Think about it!" Miles listed off

"I may not be an actual spider-person, but I've helped out plenty of times. Plus, I'm pretty smart when I want to be." Y/n joined in with their own smirk

"There aren't a lot of slots." Gwen finally managed to get out. Making Y/n and Miles go silent for a moment.

"Uh-huh...right..."

"Look if it was up to me...you-"

"We know. Gwen." Y/n stopped her from continuing, an obvious disappointment crossed on both Miles's and Y/n's faces. Miles continue to look down, fiddling with the watch before accidentally pressing a button. Causing Gwen to freak out.

"Oh no no no no!! Don't do that Miles!!" Gwen snapped angrily as she snatched the watch from him, making Miles flinch back, and Y/n glare at her.

"Hey he didn't know!!" Y/n snapped back, really not meaning to. They just get protective is all. Gwen immediately changed her tone of voice, and apologized.