Gerudo Town, Abandoned?!

(The Next Day, Kara Kara Bazaar)

"Kinda wish we had the travel function", Sheik groaned as the three finally reached the halfway point of their journey.

"We do... but for some reason, they've stopped", Kate explained, looking at the pad in Link's hand, "the regional phenomena must've messed up the travel medallions Purah and Robbie set up; according to the Purah Pad, the one in Rito Village's fixed",

"So, Gerudo Town, Zora's Domain, and Goron City's travel function's down", Sheik asked, looking at his pad.

"Pretty much", Link said, putting the Purah Pad away.

"What about the one at Hyrule Castle", Sheik asked.

"Also down", Kate muttered as the three stopping in their tracks, a blockade stopping them from leaving and traveling towards the town as a sandstorm was also active.

"Think we can get through", Sheik asked.

"Wait here", Link said, taking a few steps into the storm, his hand immediately covering his eyes as the sand hit him; taking a few steps back, he shook his head, sand coming out from his hair, "no way to see two feet in front of us, we'd be running or walking in circles",

"Then it's safe to say we can rule out using the Purah Pad", Kate stated, "think sand seals could get us there safely",

"They'll have to", Link said, the three walking around the bazaar until they located some sand seals; using them, the three rode forward and finally reached the town... only to their shock... no one was there, no guards at the gates, no one in the shops, nothing.

"What happened to this place", Kate asked, looking around the area, only thing that caught their eyes were three odd trees stationed outside each gate.

"A whole race doesn't just up and vanish this fast", Link muttered, the three walking inside the town only to see a hole on the staircase leading up to the Gerudo Palace.

"That's new", Sheik said as they all approached, much to their relief, a Gerudo soldier was stationed outside.

"Your majesties", the Gerudo soldier said.

"Hello, we need to speak to Riju", Kate said.

"Of course, but no Voe allowed", the Gerudo soldier stated, glaring at the two.

"Go, we'll find a way in", Link whispered.

"No, just stay here, I'll find and bring her outside", Kate reassured as the soldier opened the door, allowing her inside; inside the shelter, all the Gerudo were there, but why they were there, she didn't know; a few seconds later, Link and Sheik dropped in next to her, alerting all the Gerudo.

"A voe, there's a voe here, stop them", a Gerudo woman called out as the three were quickly surrounded by Gerudo solders.

"I told you two to wait outside", Kate muttered.

"We're not letting you do this alone", Link stated as the Gerudo captain, Buliara, walked towards them.

"It has been some time", Buliara said.

"We're looking for Riju, is she here", Kate asked.

"If you are hoping to speak with Lady Riju, you should visit the ruins to the north", Buliara explained before turning to the soldiers, "let them through, they're friends of Lady Riju",

The Gerudo soldiers retracted their weapons before moving along, one opening the shelter door, allowing them to leave; leaving the town, the three made their way north, there they spotted Riju, Urbosa's Scimitars in her hands, she raised one sword, lightning emitting from it before bringing it down, lightning hitting the ground a few feet away from the training dummy.