seven

❝cross your heart, won't tell no other❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Can I come in? Are you ready?" Taylor knocked impatiently on Ella's door. It was a little past seven, which would mean that the guests would be arriving literally any minute. 

"One sec -- yeah come in," Ella responded, as she put the finishing touches on her red lipstick. For the party, she had requested that the guest come dressed in a costume relating to an album era or Taylor, similar to how the fans dressed at the concerts. Ella had chosen to dress as Taylor's Red era and wore the outfit that Taylor wore during 22, complete with the black fedora, fishnet tights, sparkly black shorts, and shiny loafers. Her shirt said "Who's Ella Swift Anyway? Ew." It was the exact shirt that Taylor wore during her shows, so Ella knew that she would find it funny. 

The Red era was the first album and tour that Ella completely remembered and it was when she realized what her big sister did, other than be her big sister. It was also the first time she experienced the heartbreak of losing Taylor to her work, every single week. Ella remembered being no more than six years old and waiting for Taylor to come home for what seemed like forever -- sometimes she would stay for a few days and other times she would be gone within the day. Nonetheless, it was still the most impactful era for Ella because of everything that came along with it, so she wanted to dress the part. 

"Oh my God!" Taylor gasped before throwing her head back and laughing loudly. "El, this is the greatest thing ever! I love it!" She continued as she pulled her phone out to take pictures of Ella. Ella knew this was going on her Instagram later tonight and she internally grimaced, anticipating some of the comments about her. 

After Taylor was done taking pictures of her little sister, Ella excused herself to use the restroom while Taylor began to head downstairs, looking through the pictures that she had just taken of her sister, a smile on her face. She couldn't believe the work and effort that Ella had put into this party and especially loved her outfit, that matched her own exactly. As Taylor swiped through the pictures of the blonde-haired teenager, she thought that Ella looked thinner than the last time that she saw her. It was very subtle and unnoticeable to most, so Taylor wasn't even sure if she was right, but she did look smaller. She scrolled through a few more pictures and frowned, feeling the slightest bit of worry. The doorbell of the home sounded, which brought her back to reality. Shaking it off, Taylor remembered that Ella was dancing more than usual lately, which could be the cause of any potential weight loss. Regardless, it was probably her eyes playing tricks on her because of her protective nature. 

"Taylor!" A familiar voice sounded. Taylor turned to see one of her best friends, Selena Gomez, in the flesh.

"Selena, you're here! I missed you!" Taylor was shocked that her friend had traveled from California for her little party. She pulled the brunette girl into a hug and the two rocked back and forth for a few seconds.

"Of course I'm here, silly! Ella-Bella texted and told me to come and here I am," Selena smiled and Taylor smiled back. Selena and Ella were very close, much like Taylor and Selena. Ella looked to her as a big-sister figure and had known her for the majority of her life, since she was only a few months old. Selena loved and protected Ella like a little sister and treated her as such. 

"Well thank you, I love you! And I love your outfit," Taylor winked at Selena, who laughed. She was wearing a white dress and the Folklore cardigan, representing the Folklore era. 

"Yours too, babe" Selena pointed to Taylor's outfit, who had chosen to dress like Meredith, her oldest cat-child, complete with a cat onesie. The two exchanged a few more words, before Taylor left to greet more guests, who were beginning to arrive, with promises to catch up with Selena after the party.