two

untouchable, burning brighter than the sun

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Ella sighed as she read the text message from her mom during her second to last class of the day. Apparently, Taylor's rehearsal was running long and so she would be coming the next morning. Ella leaned back into her chair, tears welling up in her eyes. She felt stupid for feeling so upset for an extra 12 hours, but she couldn't help it. She hadn't seen Taylor since Christmas, and that was two months ago. Taylor wasn't even able to come for her fifteenth birthday, in January, because she was stuck in London, filming a music video. Ella just missed her big sister.

As she walked out of her last class of the day, Ella looked around for her mother's car, like she did every day. Once she spotted it, she wearily walked over, her head down, before opening the door and sulking in the passenger seat, turning towards the door to keep her mom from seeing her tears.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's with the tears? I thought this was going to be a happy surprise!" She heard a familiar voice, that was definitely not her mother's, speak up. Quickly, Ella whipped her head to the left, seeing the familiar head of blonde hair and blue eyes that mirrored her own.

"Taylor!" Ella screamed, jumping over the dashboard and squeezing her sister, as the sad tears that turned to happy ones, streamed down her face. She leaned back to examine her sister, before peppering sloppy kisses all over her face, and hugging her once more, inhaling her sweet lavender and warm vanilla fragrance as she felt Taylor rub her back and squeeze her just as tightly.

"I missed you so, so much my little bean," Taylor whispered, her words muffled by Ella's shirt to which Ella hugged her even tighter.

Taylor and Ella walked in their house, Ella's grip on Taylor never loosening.

"Did you like your surprise?" Andrea asked her daughter from the kitchen, as the two entered the room.

"Oh my gosh, Mom. Yes! I literally cannot believe it," Ella squealed, to which both adult women laughed.

"Sorry about that, little bean. I got home early and it was my idea and I told Mom to text you, but I didn't realize how sad it would make you," Taylor said and Ella shrugged, looking down.

"I just missed you, that's all. So I was a little disappointed," She said sheepishly, suddenly feeling dumb for acting so dramatic in the first place.

"Nooo, babygirl. That's not what I meant," Taylor responded, immediately recognizing Ella's change in mannerisms. Even though they had been apart for months, Taylor was always able to read Ella, and very well too.

"How long are you here for?" Ella quickly asked the question she always avoided the most. Visits from Taylor were her favorite thing in the world, but they also came with a Taylor-shaped heartbreak, each time that she would have to leave, just as soon as they were getting into a routine.

"Umm . . . I'm here until Tuesday," Taylor quickly responded, worried that her little sister would be disappointed.

"But, that's only like three-and-a-half days," Ella sighed as Taylor quickly lifted her chin, forcing her eyes to meet her sister's tear-welled ones.

"I know, little bean. I'm sorry. You know I wish I could stay for longer but with everything going on right now with tour prep, I just can't. We still have basically four days! Let's try to make the most of it!" Taylor smiled, as she tried to cheer up her baby sister, who slowly reciprocated.

"Honey, I'm home!" A loud voice boomed from the front door, as Taylor and Ella sat in the kitchen, talking and watching their parents cook dinner. It had been a few hours since Taylor had surprised Ella, and the sisters, along with their parents, had spent the time catching up and enjoying each other's company.

Ella stood up quickly, racing to the door. "Austy!" She exclaimed, using the nickname she made up for him when she was very little, jumping into her big brother's arms. Austin laughed as he pulled the blonde girl into his side, wrapping his arm around her head and using his knuckles to rub the top of her head. The younger girl pushed him off, pretending to perish from getting a whiff of him as she was right next to his armpit.

"Ellie!" Austin responded with his own nickname for the teenager, as the two embraced, for real this time .

"Sofia, hi!" Ella greeted the tall brunette, who smiled warmly as she enveloped Ella into a hug.

"We missed you around here!" Ella exclaimed, to which the older girl smiled.

"I missed you all, too! Work has been crazy busy, but luckily I have this one to keep me company," She smiled, nudging Austin, who pecked the top of her head. Ella couldn't help but smile at the embrace. Austin was so kind and a wholeheartedly good person, and deserved someone just as good. Ella was so happy that Sofia was that person.

"Hey you two!" Taylor approached her brother and almost sister-in-law, her parents right behind, "Long time, no see!" She laughed as she hugged them both.

"You're one to talk, Miss Superstar! Don't forget about us lowly common folk," Austin joked, and the six of them laughed.

"I could never," Taylor responded, nudging Ella, who embraced her sister's side, in response.

"So, Austin and Sofia, have you figured out the date for the wedding?" Scott, the Swift siblings's dad, asked the couple during dinner. The six of them were seated in the formal dining room, which they never used, unless for special occasions and holidays, enjoying a wide spread including parmesan chicken, asparagus, quinoa, rolls, and salad.

"We're thinking November next year, so that gives us a little over a year-and-a-half to plan it. But we don't want it to be big, really. Just you guys and my family, and close friends and family. We still have to confirm the date with the venue, but it'll either be November 8 or November 15," Sofia responded, to which Austin agreed.

"Why not the thirteenth?" Taylor asked jokingly as Austin shoved her playfully, the response eliciting the start of a real sibling fight. Andrea rolled her eyes as she scolded her two oldest children who immediately halted their argument. Scott laughed before turning his attention back to Sofia, curious about the venue location. Before long, the group returned to discussing more details of the wedding with Sofia and Austin.

Ella smiled at the idea of a wedding so soon. "So, the real question is, who is going to be the maid-of-honor," Ella said jokingly to nobody in particular, causing all the adults to laugh.

"Ella, that's rude to ask!" Taylor whisper-yelled, half-joking and half-serious to which Ella shrugged, looking at her big sister.

"No, it's a valid question!" Sofia laughed, before giving her attention to the youngest member at the table. "I don't know yet, but I can promise that you will be up there with me." Ella smiled at Sofia, satisfied with that answer.

"The real question is for Taylor. What is the name of this tour? The anticipation is killing us!" Sofia asked as Taylor laughed.

"For real, Teffy. You can't keep us hanging like this!" Austin piggybacked off Sofia, and Taylor smiled at the use of her childhood nickname.

"Fine, I'll tell you guys. We're calling it the Eras Tour!" Taylor told the group, looking over at Ella, who was beaming with excitement. Taylor had explained some things regarding the tour to her a few days prior, but her sister's mind never ceased to amaze her. "We're going to be going through all of my different "eras" and singing a few songs from every single album," She finished, and Ella's excitement was through the roof.

"You'll be singing from all of your albums?" Ella inquired, her eyes wide as Taylor nodded. This was brand-new information, as she thought it would focus more on her newer albums and Lover, since she had to cancel that tour.

"Yep! We're thinking around 40 songs but we might add a few more this coming week as we finalize the set list," Taylor responded to which the whole table was in awe.

Ella admired her sister as she began explaining everything in more depth. Her sister was rockstar -- literally and figuratively.