chapter 8

Naina's pov-

I was sitting between a group of old ladies. I was so nervous oh god.
A lady comes up to me
" beta mai Abhishek ki bua hun. Shaadi mai nai aa payi thi"she said with a smile.
" oh Namaste bua ji " i touched her feet.
Shweta told me that our neighbors were also there.
" aao kalyani" one of the ladies said
" vaise aap logo ko nai lagta ki shaadi itni jaldi mai krri to kuch fault hoga ladki mai" she said slowly but i heard her.
" nai bahu ke bare mai aisi batein mat karo kalyani" someone said
" are mai to bas keh rhi hun aajkal ki ladkiyon ka kya bharosa hai shaadi se pehle hi pregnant hojati hai" she said again.
Tears brimmed in my eyes. How can she say that. I kept looking down.
" namaste " Abhishek came and sat beside me. Thank god.
" aao aao beta" bua ji said.
He gave her a fake smile.

Soon maaji arrived with a bowl which had milk in it.
" isme ye rings dal rhi hun beta. Tum dono mai se jo pehle dhund lega vo jeeta"
She said smiling excitedly. Abhishek smirked and looked at me. Oh god i will pass out.
" 1...2...3.... go" she said and i put my hand in the bowl.
As i was looking Abhishek held my hand and gave me the ring. I looked at him and he winked. I smiled and showed everyone the ring. Everyone clapped except bua ji.
" ye hui na baat" maaji said and kissed my forehead.
Later Abhishek and me sat on a sofa beside each other and everyone gave me gifts and lifted my veil to see my face as a ritual. At last it was buaji
Oh no. She lifted my veil and fake smiled at me.
" are bahu ko kuch dijiye kalyani ji" someone said.
" aisi shakal ke liye muh dikhai krwani hi kyu thi" she laughed.
I looked down.
" bua ji please" Abhishek said
" mai kitchen mai jaati hun" i said to Abhishek and got up. If i heard any more of this i would've cried. It's true i don't match Abhishek's standards. He so much better than me. I ruined his life by marrying him.

Abhi's pov-

Naina ran inside the kitchen and i just couldn't do anything. I had never been in this situation ever. Bua ji was always like this. Nobody ever liked her. We invited her to this ritual out of respect but she proved that she shouldn't ever be considered.
I sighed standing up and went to the kitchen. I saw naina talking to maa.
" maaji mai kardeti hun" she said
" bache abhi tumhari pehli rasoi ki rasam baaki hai tum kitchen mai kal hi aa skti ho" my mother tried to tell her.
" maaji mai kitchen ke bahar krlungi. Please tell me." She insisted.
Such a kid. I laughed Mentally.

" naina" i said firmly
" ha... Han...hanji" she looked at me.
" can you bring me a glass of water to my room" i said trying to get her out of the kitchen.
She nodded and i went back to my room. She's difficult.

"Ji paani" she said entering the room and handing me the glass.
She started to turn around but i took her hand and pulled her on the bed.
"Ruko"
" bua ji ne aur kya kya bola tumhe"
She kept looking down.
"Naina"
" jaane dijiye sahi hi to kaha hai. Kaha aap phir kahan mai" she smiled sadly
" naina please. " i said firmly
She shook her head smiling sadly and left. Why does she think that. I never did anything to make her feel that.