chapter 3

Abhi's pov-

I reached home at 9 pm. I was exhausted. I saw mom and dad talking in the living room. " aap log kya discuss kar rhe ho". They smiled at me.

" beta kal ladki ko dekhne jana hai. Ho ska to rishta pakka krke issi mahine shaadi bhi kra denge" maa said.

I nodded. " ji maa." I sat beside my mom and hugged her. I wanted peace. My head hurts.

" subha 11 bje tayar rehna abhi. Apni bahu lane ke liye bohat intezaar kia hai maine" she said stroking my hair and smiling. I chuckled at her excitement.
I had to get married at some point. Why not now. All arrange marriages had worked in my family this one also will.

THE NEXT MORNING AT THE SINGHS HOUSE - nainas pov

" NAINA!!" screamed my chachi ji.

" jiii aayi" I said from my room. Putting on my rings as fast as I could. Today was the day. I knew there was no way they could reject me. If that happens chachi ji would not let me live. I wanted to please them. As much as I could. So I cooked a lot.

I ran to the kitchen where stood raima eating the kheer I had made. I sighed tears brimming In my eyes. I looked away. She never let anything go my way. I composed myself and went to chacha ji to ask him if I looked okay.
I had kept my hair open and wore a yellow Anarkali which was a little backless I had no time to apply makeup so i avoided it.

" chacha ji mai theek to dikh rhi hun na" I asked worriedly.
He smiled and said " ati sundar"
He kissed my forehead.

The bell rang, oh no shit shit shit. I was so nervous. I remained in my room waiting for chachi to take me there.

Abhi's pov-

I drove in my car with my cousin and bhabhi and others came with the driver. Dadi wasn't going. She was still not doing well. Maybe this shaadi thing was a good idea i want her to die happily if she does. I loved her.

"Nervous?" Vivek asked me. I chuckled. "Never."

Once I parked the car and got out the car maa came to me and said " abhi pyar se bat krna okay". I sighed taking a deep breath. This is it. I'll be married in a few days.

The door opened and there was prem uncle with his lively smile. He greeted us. We went inside and sat down. There I saw ms Singh and a girl that I had never met. She had put too much effort. So much makeup ugh she looked like she had a fake face on. Oh no was this the girl I was gonna marry. Oh shit.

" raima beti naina ko to lao na. Usse hi to dekhne aaye hai" said my dad laughing. Raima gave a fake smile and left. I sighed what a relief!

My siblings started smiling at Me and giggling. Just as I was glaring at them I saw a girl coming out of the room. She was beautiful. Slender. Beautiful hair. She looked fragile. Like so precious. I stared ar her.

She looked at everyone and smiled and said namaste. My mother went to her and she touched her feet.
" aaj tak jab aditya bolte the ki tum pari jesi ho aur perfect ho Abhishekke liye to mai bas sunke reh jati thi lekin aaj dekh bhi lia" my mom said. I looked down a bit shy thinking how long was my dad planning this all for.

Prem uncle said " abhi beta ye hai mere bhayi ki beti naina. bachpan mai iske maa baap swarg sidhar gaye tabse humare sath rehti hai. Apni beti ki tarh hi pala hai humesha isse ". I smiled at him. I didn't know this. Noted.

Everyone was busy talking while she just looked down only answered what she was asked. And definitely smiled at shweta once or twice but she wouldn't look at me once. Was she not interested in me???

" shaadi to inhe krni hai akele mai bat krne dete hai inhe" said my bhabhi smiling. I looked at her. She winked at me. I stood up and naina walked me to the garden outside.

There was a bench I sat there and gestured for her to sit also. She nervous sat down. " hi. I am Abhishek"

" hello ji" she smiled.
" chai mai cheeni lenge?" She asked
" i don't drink tea. Sorry"
" oh i didn't know" she said worried
I chuckled.

" naina tum apni marzi se to kar rhi ho na shaadi" I asked doubtfully
" ji han ya phir ye smjh lijiye ki mai chacha ji ki batein nahi talti. Unhone bohat kiya hai mere liye. Shaadi krke unhe thanks to bol hi skti hun" she said in a low voice. I smiled. She's pretty. Abhi what are you thinking you only just met her. Fuck

" khane ka waqt hogaya chalein?" She said after 20 mins and I snapped out of my thoughts.

I looked in her eyes for a split second
And nodded

Nainas pov-

Everyone was sitting on the dining table and the ladies were eating in the living room due to less room on the table. I served Everyone.

I looked at Abhishek to ask if he wanted kheer but i felt weak under his stare. I stuttered and said" kkheer?"

He smiled and nodded. He was cute. Quite charming. I could see his muscles through his tight fitted shirt. Veins hands. He kept getting work calls in between and I wondered what he did for work. Nobody had told me. Chachi ji knew and wouldn't let chacha tell me. And I was okay with it. I just had to marry him. I didn't know him but my chacha did and that's all I needed to know.