Chapter Ten

Diner, Sioux Falls South Dakota Daytime, Sarah, Sam and Dean get out of the Impala and Sarah is on her phone trying to get ahold of her dad but she's having no luck, she gets the voicemail again and she says, "Dad listen when you get this message, call! Okay?" Dean to Sarah and Sam "Is he still not home? How far could he get in that chair?" Inside the Diner, Sam then asks "So, what do we do?" Dean says "Well... Guess we just do it ourselves." They sit down at a table opposite a man "Mr. Wells, why don't you tell us what you saw in your own words." Digger says "Call me Digger." Dean says "Digger? Who gave you that name?" Digger says "I did." Dean says "You gave yourself your own nickname? You can't do that." Digger asks "Who died and made you queen?" 

Sarah says "Okay. Uh, why don't you just tell us what you saw?" Digger says "I saw Clay Thompson climb into Benny Sutton's trailer through the window. Couple minutes later, Clay walked out, and Benny's dead." Dean says "And, uh..." He then holds up a picture and asks Digger, "...Is this the guy you saw?" Digger says "Well, he was all covered with mud, but, yeah that's clay." Sam says "And you are aware that Clay Thompson died five years ago?" Digger says "Yep." Dean says "And you're positive that it was this guy." Digger says "You calling me a liar?" Sarah says "No, no, no. Of course not. Look. Can you think of any reason why Clay Thompson, alive or dead, would want to kill Benny Sutton?" 

Digger says "Hell, yeah. Well, five years ago, Benny's the one that killed Clay in the first place." Dean asks "Is that a fact?" Digger says "Well, yeah, so-called "hunting accident." Now, if you ask me... Clay came back from the grave to get a little payback." Dean says "Go on." Sheriff Jody Mills enters the diner, talking on a cell phone "Owen, put down the cupcake and pick up an apple... Okay? Okay. I love you." Digger says "Heads up. "Fargo."" Sheriff Mills says "Digger."

Sarah's eyes had gone a bit wide and the boys noticed and was about to say something but then Sheriff Mills speaks up and she says, "Gentlemen and Lady I'm Sheriff Jody Mills. I don't believe we've had the pleasure." Dean says "Agents Dorfman, Neidermeyer and Parks FBI." Sheriff Mills says "Welcome to Sioux Falls, gentlemen and Lady Can I ask you what you're doing with Digger here?" Digger says "They're doing their job and they believe me, Sheriff." Sheriff Mills now and again looks over to Sarah as if she recognises her but then she speaks up saying, "The FBI believes a dead man committed a murder?" Sam says "Look, we're just asking a few questions, Sheriff. That's all." Dean says "Of course, if a dead man didn't commit the murder, then, uh, who did?" Sheriff Mills says "What'd you say your jurisdiction here was again?"

Dean says "Our jurisdiction is wherever the United States government sends us." Sheriff Mills says "Oh, yeah. How 'bout me and your supervisor have a little chat about that?" Sarah says "Absolutely" She hands her a business card and Sheriff Mills calls the number on the card, and Bobby answers, pretending to be the FBI supervisor "Agent Willis speaking." Sheriff Mills says "Agent Willis, this is Sheriff Jody Mills... Bobby?"

Bobby says "Oh... Excuse me?" Sheriff Mills asks "Is this Bobby Singer?" Bobby says "Listen, I don't know who this is, but... this is Agent Tom Willis of the FBI." Sheriff Mills says "Bull crap. FBI, huh?" Sam says "So, uh... So you know Bobby Singer?" Dean says "That is... a fun coincidence." Sheriff Mills says "Here's what I know about Bobby Singer. He's a menace around here, ass-full of drunk-and-disorderlies and mail fraud. You understanding me? Oh and he also has a daughter." Sheriff Mills looks directly at Sarah who sighs and looks away, Sam is the one that speaks up saying, "I think we all can agree that you've made yourself perfectly clear, yes." Sheriff Mills says "So, whatever the four of you are planning, it ends here. Now. Ten-four on that, Agents?" Dean says "Yeah."

"