Chapter Twelve

Motel Nighttime, Dean packs away his belongings in a box, including his leather jacket, his keys, his gun, and a letter. He marks the box for Robert Singer after he tapes it shut and Sam says "Sending someone a candy-gram?" That catches his attention and he turns around seeing that it's just Sam on his own and he speaks up asking "How'd you find me?" Sam speaks up and says, ""You're going to kill yourself, right? It's not too hard to figure out the stops on the Farewell Tour." Dean says "I'm not going to kill myself." Sam says "No? So Michael's not about to make you his Muppet? What the hell, man? This is how it ends? You just...walk out?" Dean says "Yeah, I guess."

Sam speaks up and says, "Yeah if you are wondering where Sarah is, she isn't here I mean come on Dean you ditch the both of us, to say goodbye to your ex how do you think she's gonna take it? Anyways she's with her dad,  How could you do that just walk out on us?" Dean says "How could I? All you've ever done is run away." Sam says "And I was wrong, every  single time I did, Just...please. Not now, Bobby is working on something." Dean asks "Oh, really? What?" But Sam doesn't reply, You got nothing and you know it."  Sam says "You know I am gonna have to stop you." 

Dean continues looking at his brother and says, "Yeah well you can try but just remember,  You're not all hopped up on demon blood this time." Sam says "Yeah, I know. But I brought help." Dean turns around to find Castiel standing behind him and he touches his fingers to Dean's forehead knocking him out. The three of them had arrived back at Bobby's house, in the study both Sarah and Bobby are sitting at the desk going through books, Sarah hasn't said a single word to Dean, since Castiel brought him back, but Dean speaks up first and he says, "Yeah, no, this is good really you know eight months of turned pages and screwed pooches but tonight, tonight's when the magic happens." 

Bobby says "You ain't helpin'." Dean says "Yeah, well, why don't you let me get out of your hair, then?" Bobby asks "What the hell happened to you?" Dean says "Reality happened. Nuclear's the only option we have left. Michael can ice the devil, save a boatload of people." Bobby says "But not all of them so we gotta  think of something else." Dean says "Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say. But if Lucifer burns this mother down, and I coulda done something about it, guess what? That's on me." Bobby says "You can't give up, son." Dean says "You're not my father and you ain't in my shoes."

That causes Sarah to look up and she just stares at him pissed off, shaking her head but before she could say anything Bobby  pulls out a gun out of his desk and sets it on the table. He takes a bullet out of his pocket and looks at it "What is that?" Bobby says "That's the round that I mean to put through my skull." Bobby sets the bullet down on his desk in front of him "Every morning, I look at it. I think, "Maybe today's the day I flip the lights out." But I don't do it, I never do it. You know why? Because I promised you I wouldn't give up! and because of Sarah."