Kunikida

└──═━┈━═──═━┈━═──┘

└──═━┈━═──═━┈━═──┘

"Atsushi!" I yelled, pushing him away from the attacking male.
We were currently in an ambush from the port mafia.

We were winning until Akutagawa and Chuuya had arrived.
They immediately had the upper hand..
I was fighting the two males as Atsushi swiftly bandaged his arm.

Akutagawa tried to hit me with his Rashōmon, but I grabbed it and threw him using it.
Chuuya tried to throw a punch at me.
With a smirk, I jumped over the male, my hands landing on his back as I flipped.

I easily shoved the male to ground, making him hit it hard.
Atsushi joined the fight again and helped me attack them.

To my horror, I saw Rashōmon launch towards Atsushi incredibly fast.
I shoved the male out of the way so he wouldn't get hurt.

"Y/n!" Atsushi yelled... he sounded so far away, but he was right in front of me...
I was confused until I looked down, noticing the giant gaping hole in my abdomen...

Oh... that's the big downside of my ability...
It gives me a lot more endurance and I don't feel pain, so I don't stop fighting for anything.. but when you can't feel pain, you don't know when something really bad happens.

I began feeling lightheaded, falling back wards into Atsushi's arms.
"That's gonna... leave a... scar..." I said before passing out from blood loss.

He quickly picked me up and sprinted away holding me. This was a fight that would require a lot more backup...

KUNIKIDA POV

"Dazai I swear to god! Do your damn work!" I yelled at the lazy male who was busy singing his double suicide song.
As I was in the middle of scolding him, Atsushi ran in, carrying an almost dead Y/n.

"YOSANO!" I practically screamed, she came out, saw Y/n, and quickly grabbed her to heal her.
"What the hell happened?!" I exclaimed, grabbing Atsushi's collar and yanking him up.

"M-Miss Y/n and I had a run in with Akutagawa and Chuuya... she held them off for so long but... she got hurt protecting me.." he said, tearing up.

"That woman is too selfless... it isn't your fault, kid." I said, slightly patting his shoulder before silently returning to my seat.

Everyone was silent.. even Dazai...

Y/n meant a lot to this agency, so her getting this badly injured threw everybody off.
She especially meant a lot to me...

She is so far from my ideals, yet she is the one thing I treasure most. More than anything.
I knew the process of saving her would take hours, but I was willing to wait as long as it takes.

"M-Mr. Kunikida..? You haven't finished your report.. are you alright?" Atsushi asked me, noticing how strange I was acting.
"Yes... I'm fine. I will wait for Yosano to finish."
"Now now, Kunikida. That will take almost seven hours." Ranpo stated.

"I know." I said, leaving the room to sit in the chair outside Yosano's office. You typically would hear screams of pain and terror from inside there, but it was eerily silent...

The only sounds were made by Yosano.
I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the wall.
Please... be okay...

Before I knew it, I drifted asleep and a lot of time had passed.
I woke up to Yosano poking my cheek.
"Why are you still here? It's three in the morning." She sighed, arms crossed.

"Is Y/n okay?!" I immediately asked, shooting up.
"Yes, she's heading home right now." Yosano answered, with that, I sprinted out of the detectives agency.

I looked in the direction of the apartments and continued running that way.
My legs were carrying me so fast, the adrenaline was very helpful in this.

After only a few short moments of sprinting, I finally saw her.
She was walking down the sidewalk with her hands in her pockets.

I quickly lunged at her, wrapping my arms around her neck in a hug.
The female gave me an odd look, before smiling and putting her hands on my arms.

"I'm so glad you're okay... don't do anything like that again!" I scolded.
"Kunikida, I'm a member of the Armed Detective Agency, I'm bound to get injured every now and again." She laughed.

"Yeah, but not that extreme! I thought I lost you." I said, my face buried in her shoulder.
She flipped me around so I was in front of her, then she picked me up bridal style.

"Kunikida, we have Yosano for a reason. I'm alright." She smiled, carrying me to the apartments.

I wrapped my arms around her neck again, somewhat worried she would drop me.
Thankfully she didn't and we safely entered her apartment.

The female set me down outside her door, taking off her shoes and putting them inside, I followed suit.
The girl shut and locked the door behind us before retreating to her bathroom to get ready for bed.

Since I came here so often, she set up the spare bathroom for situations where I stayed the night.
I entered the bathroom and got ready as well.

It didn't take either of us long, I entered her room to check up on her, seeing her laying down on top of the blanket.
"How's your wound?" I asked.
"It's healed, but left a giant scar." She said, lifting her shirt up to show me.

I winced looking at it, sitting beside her laying figure.
"It must have hurt..." I said, feeling sympathy.
"It did.. it hurt like a bitch, but I was unconscious for most of it." She shrugged.

I put my hand on the scar, feeling how the tissue changed from her normal skin to the scar.
It rubbed it tenderly as if trying to sooth the pain from it, not realizing the deep heavy blush from the female laying down.

I soon realized what I was doing and quickly pulled my hand away, blushing.
"I am sorry." I said, covering my mouth and closing my eyes.

The female chuckled and leaned up, kissing my cheek.
"Let's just head to sleep." She said, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and pulling me down with her.

I ended up laying on top of her, my face on her chest.
"Y-Y/n, is this okay?" I blushed, not knowing what to do or if I was allowed to do this.
"Relax, you're alright." She laughed, her hand moving to my hair and undoing my ponytail.

My hair fell down my back and into her shoulders, she ran her fingers through it, helping me relax.
"Don't scare me like that ever again." I said, my hand moving under her shirt and touching her scar.

"I don't plan on it." She said, pressing her lips to my head and watching as I fell asleep.