The wind pillar

Shinazugawa Sanemi, the formidable Wind Pillar, arrived at the given location before sunrise. Journeying through the night was a perilous endeavor, as demons grew stronger in the darkness.

However, Sanemi appeared unfazed, for he was one of the Corps' mightiest Hashiras. Nevertheless, caution was always wise.

"Oi oi, get up, we have to get going as soon as possible," Sanemi urged, aware that Oyakata-sama had revealed the presence of an extraordinary Upper Moon residing in the district. The task at hand required all the assistance they could gather. Amidst the ancient forests and the vibrant entertainment district of Japan, Sanemi's resolve remained unyielding.

To reach our destination, we only had one stop along the way, the picturesque Takayama village. Knowing we needed to conserve our energy, we eagerly awaited our brief respite. However, as I sprinted towards our meeting point, my task was unexpectedly revealed to me.

"Oi, Tsukumo," Sanemi called out, a mischievous glint in his eye. "It seems you'll have to embrace your feminine side and become an oiran for our first investigation. Don't worry, we have the expertise to assist you. Can you handle that kind of femininity?" Sanemi's words were not unfamiliar to me.

He had always playfully mocked my masculine and tough demeanor. Despite his efforts, few people had the power to truly affect me, and Shinazugawa was determined to be one of them. If I showed any sign of vulnerability, he would claim victory, so I remained stoic and impassive.

The only person who had witnessed me deviate from my usual character was Giyuu Tomioka, but that was to be expected since I was a loner by nature. In this mission, enemies were sure to arise, but I was prepared to face them head-on.

As we arrived at Takayama village, the first thing that greeted me was the invigorating scent of the steaming hot spring. After a long and tiresome journey, this was exactly what my muscles needed to relax.

Thankfully, we were assigned separate rooms, and that was the epitome of luxury in this village. My spacious room exuded comfort, and I knew that Takayama's reputation for hospitality and luxury would not disappoint. Eager to unwind, I discarded my worn-out Haori and slipped into the room's custom-made, thin fabric attire, ready to immerse myself in the soothing hot spring.

It was a true indulgence to have a separate hot spring exclusively for our use, nestled at the base of the luxurious hotel.

As I approached the hot spring, I lowered myself and shed my custom attire, sinking into the steaming yet soothing water. Instantly, my worries began to dissolve, allowing me a moment of respite before confronting the final task at hand.

Just as I started to unwind, the tranquility shattered by the sound of someone entering the secluded area.

"Well well, it seems you do look feminine after all," Shinazugawa sneered, his gaze fixated on my face. What troubled me most was the faint pink hue that graced his cheeks. How could someone so self-assured exhibit such shyness?

"So, how was your little trip with Tomioka? Must have been exhausting and awkward, considering you both are such depressed loners," he taunted, positioning himself in the water at a distance from my side. Clenching my teeth, I resolved that enough was enough. I vowed not to let his words penetrate my armor. Instead I took the next best option.

"Sanemi san? Don't you think there's a little bit too much tension between us?" I tilted my head while deliberately massaging my neck muscles seductively.

"Eh?" His dumbfounded face was too entertaining to let it go so easily. This may also be one of the very few times I have engaged in a conversation with him.