Realization

You never know how many helpless women have been sold to prostitution families in order to earn money. They feel trapped and helpless. Woman were not permitted to go alone at night for fear of being raped or worse. Who exactly were the demons? In reality, demons were using human masks to conceal their evil intents.

This was a time when women were valued for their bodies and beauty, and I was right in the midst of it all. You'd be shocked at how many of the women in the main home were miserable and had nowhere to go.

I grit my teeth when I notice the inspection lady clutching Hanako, the only woman with whom I appear to have some sort of relationship here.

"This is what happens when you don't please your man, right!" The lady was enraged.

"In the middle of their session, he abruptly exited and requested a refund from housekeeping." "We don't need this kind of woman here." The lady clutched Hanako as she yelled out in agony.

I immediately seized the lady's hand, an unsettling expression on my face. I cocked my head to the side, scrunching my nose, as I do when I'm angry.

"You have no right to touch her." I whispered quietly, my own skin tingling with chills.

"You, how dare you interfere with me" The lady yelled at me, her voice venomous. At this moment, she had abandoned Hanako, which was exactly what I wanted.

Spying rule number one: Stay quiet and avoid making a scene. Rule one will be broken until I do anything.

I smiled, warmly greeting the lady.
"Of course not, ma'am. "I was just worried about you," I grinned, my heart blazing inside at her behavior.

"I heard one of the maidens on the top floor becomes enraged when inspectors beat up oirans." After all, she is the only one with authority, if you know what I mean." I replied gently, taking the chance as the inspector appeared to be afraid primarily of Warabihime.

"I just don't want you to get in trouble because of a low life like this," I said, smiling and bowing.

"O-of course, you should be like her, she got the highest last night as well, and she's even reserved for the entire month." That is exactly what we do here." The woman addressed all the other courtesans before leaving.

I grinned. "Make them feel inferior to you at all times." Allow them to believe they are more powerful and capable than you. Even if it's unpleasant. "You eventually cime out of your fascade and show the upper hand when the time is right," remarked the 96th leader of the demon slayer corps, to me once.

"Thank you, Hime san," Hanako whispered as she lay down on the floor, tears streaming down her cheeks.

I quickly lowered myself to her level. "Don't you dare do that, get yourself together," I gritted my teeth as I looked about.
"Don't show them your frailty," I advised as I assisted her up.

"Come with me, I'd like to talk a little bit," I said, motioning for her to follow. I saw something in her that made me believe she had the capacity to be so much more.

As she walked into my room, she embraced me. My eyes widened as I felt the sudden warmth. What was this strange sensation? Her embrace had felt like my mother's, even though I couldn't recall her voice, let alone her embrace.

I smiled and hugged her, providing her with the same amount of comfort.

She sobbed as she sat on the chair beside the large window.

"I've been here for years, I- I have children," she wept. Was she anxious that if she was fired, she would be unable to earn a living? My brow furrowed.

"If you're worried about being kicked out, I won't let that happen," I said, attempting to cheer her up. What was the cause of her sobs? It made me feel... uneasy.

She shook her head furiously, unable to speak.
Her demeanor indicated an impending problem.

"What's the matter, Hanako chan?" I asked, touching her shoulder. She eventually looked at me, her cheeks flushed from crying.

"It's a deemed that, if a man- if a man walks out in the middle of the session-" she blurted out, stopping mid-sentence.

"What, tell me," I scowled, my heart pounding in my chest.

This was the most important information. I was aware of it. I knew it deep down.

"It's a rule that-that Oiran must be courted to Warabihime sama-and -and those never come out of there" fright permeated her entire being, she murmured, shivering with fright.

My pupils dilated. Warabihime. No one ever leaves her court. Collection. I exclaimed. This was the final puzzle piece. I gritted my teeth as I realized what had happened.

She's in disguise.

She's a demon is disguise

I widened my eyes as everything clicked in place.

_______________________________________
Short chapter, I just want this to be a realization one. Also Hime is a such menacing emo cupcake. Love her 😍🤭