Stay away

I awoke with a scorching headache. My vision was hazy as I supported my head, my face scrunched in discomfort. As I lifted myself, I muttered to myself, "Shit, I might have drunk a bit too much."

When the tiny fabric of my Haori revealed my skin as I elevated myself, my eyes burst out. "Oh my god," I cried. I remembered what was about to happen the night before. A pink blush crept up my neck and into my face.

I gazed at Tomioka, surprised and regretful. "T- Tomioka san, I-I apologize" I stammered out an apology as he gazed at me with his customary stern expression, evidently judging my way of life.

"Tsukumo san, if we're going to be comrades, act like it, and save me the apologies, I'd truly appreciate it if you kept away from me," he blurted out, with disdain and I could tell he had lost respect for me. My eyes twitched. Something that happens when I'm mad. I tilt my head slightly and peek into his very blue eyes.

"I was drunk, and it's civil to accept an apology, but you clearly are as mighty as I thought you were," I mocked. I detested it when people treated me rudely. Lord knows how little I deserve it. I was well aware of my worth.

"You, with your stupid grim mentality, are interfering with what should be happening, atleast talk out to make a connection, you pompous stupid shit," my eyes hurled daggers at him, and this idiot simply stood up and left the room. He appeared to be weary. I let myself relax a bit. I wasn't going to allow a man mess with my thoughts today. "Total concentration breathing, deep breathing" I muttered to myself.

I showered and went outside, only to find Tomioka already waiting for me. Still judging, giving me the side eye. There was no longer that uneasy tension; instead, there seemed to be a sense of enmity. For a while, I was sprinting closely after him when I noticed a trap fastened to the trees.

I shoved him out of the path right away. There were many tree-designed traps in the forest, but they weren't for humans; rather, they were for hunters who wished to catch their prey before sundown.

My arm pressed against his chest, his back against another tree. He was enraged as he glanced at me. I'm sure he was wondering why I couldn't get my hands off him. "He wishes," I murmured.

My look demonstrated to him that there was absolutely a trap there. "You should be cautious, Tomioka san," I said quietly. Giyuu made eye contact with her sultry eyes once more. This could not possibly be taking place. Those damn eyes.

I felt an upsurge of acceleration in his heartbeat and unwillingly touched his chest, and smirked devilishly. "Tomioka san? Are you nervous?" He was struggling to breathe as she was inches away from his face.

"Shut up and stay away," he said, dismissing my hand, and I chuckled. Surprisingly genuine, I seemed to enjoy myself for a short while.

"You know you should thank me?" I teasingly lifted my brow.

"I got myself, thank you," he spat, barely looking at me twice as he continued on his way.

We were behind getting to the district, so we had to find an open area to spend the night. It was quite dangerous, because it was basically the middle of land and the forest, and we would have to stay alert because there would be no shelter. We were also out of munchies, so we'd have to rush to the next lake to catch a fish for a hearty supper for the night.

I didn't have a chance to communicate myself to Tomioka because he offered to catch some fish. He returned at dusk with two appealing fish. Enough for the two of us. I'd already chosen a safe resting location and started a fire with some wood. Tomioka observed me pull out my spices from my stuff and boil some rice with them after leaving the fishes by the smooth stone.

We were able to eat soon after and relaxed unpleasantly by the stems of the enormous trees, gazing out over the jungle.

To lighten the mood, I proposed we play a game. "We ask each other questions and answer them, three questions, how about that?" I gave Giyuu a warm smile.

"All right," he mumbled, gazing up and directly into my eyes. I gasped a little loudly because I wasn't expecting him to agree with me.

"All right, hmm, "Can you tell me about your Haori?" I posed the first question that sprang to mind, something about which I was quite fascinated.

"It's from a close companion of mine and my sister," he said quietly, looking down. I recognized I had touched a nerve and decided not to push it any further.

"Your turn, Tomioka san," I said as I closed my eyes. "Y-youre breathing style, where did you learn it?" I knew he'd be intrigued, so he inquired grudgingly. I instantly checked with myself to see if it was okay to tell him. Tomioka does not appear to be the type of person who blabbers to others. He hardly ever speaks to anyone.

"I am a direct descendant of Yorichii, the first ever sun breather." I can't go into too much detail, but let's just say I'm something very.... ancient." I grinned, hazily conveying it to him. Giyuu wasn't sure what she meant by "ancient," so he chose not to press the issue.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Tomioka San?" I asked, my gaze fixed on him. He took a close look at me, wondering where I was going with the subject.

"No," he replied, sighing, clearly irritated by my question. To be honest, he could handle my presence much better than this.

My Raven friend landed on a branch of the tree I was lying on just as Giyuu was about to ask me a question.

"The wind pillar will arrive at this location soon; please rest for the time being; his assistance will be required," I grumbled. I knew I'd have to put up with his antics and this was fairly very new to me, traveling with a larger group. My demeanor changed as I heard the news. If Oyakata sama is sending more help, it suggests the situation in the district is more terrible than we imagined.
_____________________________________

I smell some lemon ahead 💀🧍🏻‍♀️
Where are the sanemi stans?