Hatholel

About whom I wanted to start my memoir is my mother, about whom I did not reveal much information, although she played a big role in the history of Arda. She bore the name Hatholel, which meant "blade". I have attached her portrait above.

Her father was one of the High Kings of the Noldor, Fingolfin, who is considered one of the best warriors of all time. She was born in Aman, in the blissful realm, along with her twin brother Fingon. My mother was older, so she was the first-born descendant of the son (second-born) of the first Noldor High King Finwë.

She had other siblings: Turgon, Aredhel (only sister) and Argon.

Fingon was called the Valiant. Turgon was called Gondolin or the Wise. Aredhel was called the White Lady of the Noldor because she wore white or silver clothes. I must point out that they all had black hair.

My mother was a very talented combatant who came to be called "Magic Blade". I never had a chance to find out why she was called that, I put together several theories about the meaning of her name.

1) One of my guesses is that the weapons she used were powerful and almost no match for her. Crafted by elves and enhanced by magic.

2) I focused on her abilities. Of all her siblings, she was the best fighter, but she did not achieve the same feat as her father.

3) Related to Saruman, he was the only wizard in Arda at the time. My mother established an estate in Middle-earth where he appeared and spent a lot of time there. I have no doubt that he was helping her with his charms - especially when the two of them were lovers.

The situation at the time she lived was complicated. She stood in battles against Morgoth but also in the fight against her own kin. I may have bragged about where I fought everywhere, but I couldn't compare it to my mother.

Finwë, my mother's grandfather, had three sons in all. The firstborn was named Fëanor, whose mother was Míriel. It is said that the birth of her son drained her so much that she lost all joy in life and was the first of the Eldar (Elven Great Pilgrimage) to go to Mandoson's Halls - the place where the souls of deceased elves gather.

Finwë's second wife was Indis, with whom he had sons Fingolfin and Finarfin and daughters Findis and Irien. The discord between Finwë's sons, mainly his eldest son's jealousy of his two brothers, was the cause of many future disagreements.

I was born after the victory of the Noldor in Dagor Aglareb, my father was Saruman. My mother taught me to fight so I could defend myself.