Losses of our family

The mother was understandably devastated by the loss of her father. In addition, she didn't have much left of her siblings either.

Before I was born, she lost her youngest brother, Argon, in battle. And half a century ago, Dagor Bragollach lost her only sister, Aredhel.

Of Fingolfin's five children, only three, the older ones, remained alive after the Battle of the Sudden Flame.

Her twin brother became the new High King of the Noldor, my mother may have been Queen, but only men became High Kings.

I dare say it saved her life because Fingon died in the next great battle, the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. The battle of countless tears, in which evil won again.

Turgon, my mother's last surviving sibling, became High King. She was devastated by the deaths of all her siblings, understandably the death of her twin hurt her the most.

It was her brother's fate to receive the mortal Tuor, who had been commissioned by the Valar themselves to convey to him the news of the impending disaster. Turgon's daughter Idril fell in love with a mortal, which made Maeglin son of Aredhel (my mother's only sister) jealous. Maeglin, my cousin, loved Idril, so he decided to take revenge by revealing the exact location of the hidden city of Gondolin to Morgoth's spies.

The army invaded the town and the mother's last sibling died in the flames. Both Turgon's daughter and Tuor and their son survived.

Gil-galad became the High king. Son of my deceased uncle Fingon.