Chapter 11

Selena stares at words Y/N sent her for a minute. Her heart is pounding her chest as her eyes go over each words over and over. It doesn't have any emoticons for her to perceive if it is a good or bad.

Can I kiss you?’, goes repeatedly echoes in her head. It was what was bothering her since she remembered it when she woke up in Taylor's house. She kind of avoided the younger woman because of it and made her go against her urge to give Y/N a ride.

“You're stupid.”, she says to herself.

“Selena you're on!”, Raquelle says. She sighs and closes her phone, leaving Y/N on-read. It would make a bad impression to the younger woman but Selena is too chicken out to deal with it.

She makes a mental note to get back to her later after her shoot. She looks at the mirror on her way to the kitchen, retouching.

“I'm sorry.”, she says once she is on the counter.

“It's okay.”, Theresa says. The cameras start rolling, and she checks it one by one as her intro in the show.

Y/N frowns when she sees Selena reads her message but the typing bubbles never appear on her screen. She closes the application and her phone and places it beside her. She closes her eyes, deciding to take a nap because she feels tired.

She was awakened by her phone ringing. She gropes it beside her. Y/N looks at the window to see darkness before she looks at the caller ID while rubbing her eyes.

“Hello.”, she yawns after greeting.

“Hey, did I wake you up? I'm sorry. I'll just call other time.”, Selena says.

“It's okay but I'm awake now. What is it?”, Y/N gets up from her bed, walking to the kitchen to give Charlotte a food. She looks at the clock on the wall and it says seven-thirty in the evening.

“About last night...”, Selena pauses. Y/N composes and prepares herself for whatever the Latina will say.

“Can we meet up tomorrow to talk about it? I'll be in NY anyway.”, Selena has no business to attend to in New York. She just made it up so she can see her, and if it is convenient for Y/N not to travel across the state, she'll do it without a second thought.

“I don't want to talk about it over the phone.”, Selena says.

Both of their hearts are pounding against their chest. They are just taking deep breaths for control it.

“If it's not good, just say it over the phone.”, Y/N says playing with the cat food she is preparing.

“Are you kidding?”, the Latina frowns. There is a silence in each other's end.

“Fvck it.”, Y/N hears her.

“I like you, if that will makes you feel at ease.”, Y/N bites her lips smiling because of the confession.

“I just want to see you, and talk about things.”, Selena is fidgetting the hem of her shirt when she hears no reply from the other woman.

“Okay.”, it comes out whisper from Y/N lips. She is smiling widely, feeling hot creeping on her cheeks.

Selena smiles through her sighs. She almost peed her pants from the nervousness by talking to her over the phone. She wishes it won't happen when she sees her the next day.

After that, Y/N let her go whe she hears someone call for Selena, and tells that she has a schedule the next day.

“Just tell me what time you're out. I'll be just there whole day.”

“Okay, bye.”

“See you tomorrow.”

She is smiling like an idiot when the call has ended. She finally properly prepare Charlotte's food and put it down. She calls her cat, who happened to walk out when it got impatient of Y/N.

The next day as what they talked about, they see each other. Y/N messages her after her shoot which ends before lunch, favors her because she doesn't want to make the Latina wait. She hates making people wait for her.

They meet each other at the address Y/N sent. In a restaurant to have lunch. Her phone dings.

I'm here. Where are u?’, it says. Y/N looks around to see her near the entrance looking around for her.

Y/N waves her hand and Selena spots her. She stands up to give her a hug before sitting back down.

“Sorry, I'm late.”

“No, I'm just early.”, Y/N replies with her hands playing her phone.

“Did you already have your lunch?”, she asks.

“Not yet.”, they both look at the separate menu booklet that's place on the table. They call a waiter to get their order.

“Where did you find this?”, Selena asks making a conversation after the waiter leaves.

“I ask around.”, Y/N did. She asks each of the staffs on the set about a good restaurant to have a lunch, and made a list of it. Whichever the most mentioned restaurant would be their meeting place.

“That's cute.”, Selena blurts out but she doesn't regret it. She does imagine her running around asking people for this.

“Stop!”

When the giggles die, and the atmosphere becomes serious. Y/N takes a sip of her water.

“Did you mean it?”, the younger woman asks after she puts down her glass. Selena immediately knows what she is talking about.

“I do.”, she replies not really the grammar rule. If she has to say it again she will and she did when she replied in present tense.

“I do like you. I really do and I don't think I have ever stopped.”, she says pouring her heart out. She reaches out for Y/N hand that is resting on the table.

If she's being honest at the moment, she wants to say 'love' but she doesn't want to scare her off. Hell, she was scared when she found out, she still is

“Me too.”