Demi-God Story 22 (Hope)

Chapter 26

I wasn’t even sure if it was a gigantic hand, but it pulled us down, let go and now we were falling in a huge heavy metal boat ten thousand feet in the air.

Thaila rushed through the falling wind, her braid rising up, she would have lost her crown if she didn’t it catch it before it flew off her head. All of us held onto the boats side, it would be in a matter of seconds before we hit the damp earth. Thaila ran for the wheel, she clicked thousands of buttons, all I heard her call out from the wind was

“Auto- Still- Work-“

I was guessing was ‘Auto pilot is still working’ but didn’t have time to ask before we hit the ground, we all flew into the air and landed on our back, faces, or butts.

We all groaned, I looked up to see we caved a hole into the ground, I cracked my back (on which was the body part I fell on) and tried my best to stand up. Anthony’s shadow stood over me as he reached out his hand; I took it gratefully as he helped me sit up. He was rubbing his butt, which I was guessing he landed on. Ouch. All the hunters sat up, some of them red in the face, from either landing on their butts and were embarrassed, or straight out landed on their faces giving them round nail marks in they’re skin.

“Well,” Thaila said dusting off her shirt and looked around “I have no idea how we got here, and I have no idea how we are going to get out.”

I shrugged “We could call someone from camp or get Leo over here, he’s the master.”

Thaila shook her head “We can’t wait that long.”

“Well, unless you got a better idea, we should try it.” Anthony piped up.

Thaila gave him a hatred look, then it calmed down and she nodded.

She looked around “I’ll be right back; I’ll need to cut a pipe so I can get some mist… I should mention that’s another thing to fix.”

She gave me a reassuring smile then darted out of there, taking two girls with her.

“So,” I said too Anthony “What now? Do you think that was a giant hand or a part of my imagination?”

Anthony shrugged “There’s no way there is a giant that tall, and if there was, why did that hand look as if it was formed from clouds?”

I thought for a second “What if it was the wind god messing with us? Or just a spirit of a Giant, and its dust flew into the clouds or something.”

Anthony just sighed “I guess we will never know, just as we did with that water boat incident.”

My eyebrows furrowed as I thought for a second “Wait… How is everything always happening to this boat? Mysterious things?”

Anthony looked at me for a second then shrugged.

I started heading down stairs when Anthony caught up with me and asked “What on earth are you doing? There’s no air in here and I am claustrophobic.”

I just rolled my eyes, and then continued talking going deeper into the metal boat as the torches turned blood red. “Doesn’t it make sense? I mean, mysterious monster bringing us underwater, mysterious figure brings us to the ground. It’s always down, and what god always thinks down? Or is mainly down?”

Anthony shrugged again as I shoved his shoulder “Oh my gosh! You’re so stupid! The underworld dung brain!”

He looked surprised then his mouth furrowed, he was trying to find something to say, but nothing would come out. I just rolled my eyes and continued down, “Do you think anyone has a cabin down here?”