Sick (6)

Atsushi gently placed Akutagawa down on his futon. He takes out his phone to text Dazai.

🍶Dazai-san🍶

A: Akutagawa passed out on the mission. I brought him to my dorm

D: Do I need to get anything?

A: Water? I didn't go shopping yet

D: On it

Kyoka had moved out since the truce between the Mafia and the Agency. She moved in with Kouyou. Kyoka thought of Kouyou as a mom and missed her. She doesn't take orders from the Mafia though.

Light groaning came from the man who was laying on the futon. Atsushi just watched the man wake up, not knowing what else to do. Akutagawa probably wouldn't want Atsushi to be the first thing he sees when he wakes up. Now that Atsushi knows that the man is alive and not dying (as far as he knows), he gets up to make something to eat.

A few minutes go by and there is a knock on Atsushi's door. Atsushi opens the door. Dazai stood at the door with a plastic bag that seemed to be filled with some water bottles.

"I'm here!" Dazai announces loudly.

"Shh!" Atsushi places his index finger over his lips "He's sleeping, let him rest"

"Awww... The were-tiger cares for his enemy..." Dazai teases and smiles. That smile never reaches his eyes. Dazai hands Atsushi two water bottles.

"You're like this with Chuuya, you're not one to speak. Plus, I'm just doing the right thing." Atsushi says as he takes the water bottles from Dazai.

Atsushi walks over to the man on the futon. He places one of the water bottles next to him before sitting down on the floor next to the futon. Atsushi notices the ragged breathing from the man, he even notices a bit of blood around his mouth. He tries to get a closer look at it, being a bit curious as to what is going on with the man. The man shifts in his sleep, startling the gray-haired boy.

"So, what happened? How did he end up like this?" Dazai asks, even though he thinks he knows what happened. Dazai joined Atsushi and sat down next to him.

"The same thing as this morning he started coughing up blood and passed out during the mission." Atsushi doesn't look at Dazai as he speaks, instead looking at Akutagawa. "I hope he's okay" Atsushi catches what he said before he turns to Dazai, who is smirking. "Do not say anything!" he almost shouts.

Suddenly, the sickly man began coughing, he was awake now. The two agency members turned their attention to him.

"Akutagawa!" Atsushi was startled.

Akutagawa sat up on the futon, holding his chest, because god only knows how bad his lungs hurt. They burn.

Akutagawa made choked up sounds as he heaved and gagged. Dazai's eyes widened. He grabbed an empty trash can and gave it to Atsushi who then held it in front of Akutagawa.

The mafioso coughed up the blood and flower petals into the trash can. He didn't have the strength to try and hide it. He finally stopped coughing, only to be mortified when he realized that Dazai was present. He looked ashamed of his disease.

"What's going on?" Atsushi asked,"No one told me what is going on"

"No one told you because it's none of your business!" Akutagawa shouted before he let out a few more little coughs.

"Well, I'd like an explanation. I wouldn't mind helping you." Atsushi tries to speak in a kind manner.

Akutagawa glances at the bin that he threw up into. Dazai knew what the man was thinking.