"Optimism" | T.K

Things have been a little rough between you and Tom. You both been in arguments that were so stupid, you had to get away from him for a few days or he'll just ignore you until one of you apologizes. You knew he could be a bit controlling but overly possessive is not what you expected to come in the package. He'd always think the guy who you were talking to would be trying to flirt with you, or trying to get your number.

And some of the times he was right but other times it wouldn't be like that. It could be a close friend you haven't talked to since high school or a brother or a cousin or just anyone who's a guy. You'd get so irritated and frustrated at him for being the way he is. You tried so many times telling him that they aren't trying to get in your pants and if they were, you'd give them a warning that you have a boyfriend.

All Tom wants is to make sure no guy tries anything with you, but you didn't care. You needed a break from him. Of course he didn't take that well and thought you were trying to break up with him, but there was no point of trying to explain to him that you weren't breaking up with him. Instead you just left out the door. Leaving him baffled at what you just did.

It had been 2 weeks since the break and finally you and Tom were back to normal. Tom felt so joyful, finally hearing that you wanted things to go back to the way it was. He promised you he wouldn't get jealous or possessive ever again, and he kept that promise.

You and Tom were getting ready for the awards party tonight. He was already ready wearing black colored pants that fit him, not those baggy pants. A brownish black belt around his waist and reebok shoes that were black but the flat was white with black ties and also a black shirt that actually fit him, Instead of those large ones. It was soft kinda like a sweater but thick enough that it wasn't so tight on him, with a black bandana wrapped around his forehead. You came outta the bathroom seeing his outfit on and you were blown away. "You should wear black more, I like it" you said, he faced you, quickly standing up from the couch and putting his phone in his back pocket.

He couldn't believe his eyes, he was so amazed by you and what you were wearing. You were wearing that club dress from the movie 13 going on 30 but the top of your dress was orange, pushing your breasts together, that showed a lot of cleavage and the lower half was white with a bit of glitter on. The straps of the dress was black that was faded with the orange of your top. You had your hair up in a bun with tiny butterfly clippings and diamond earrings Tom gave you on your birthday. You had the red-ist of red lipstick on but you smoothed it out with your pinky finger, looking like the color was pink and the line of your lips glossed that shined so bright it looked white.

"Oh wow, you are so. Beautiful" Tom looked up and down, admiring your beauty. You couldn't help yourself but blush so hard you thought you needed to put frozen pees on your face. "Stop it, you're making my face hurt from blushing so hard" you slowly swinged your hips cutely. "You are, I mean you are like an angel, stunning actually" he walked up to you, holding your hands. "You're so stunning too" you complimented him. "Baby, I'm sexy. You're the one who's stunning here" he said. Playing with your fingers in his.

"But whats up with the shoes?" He looked down at your foot wear of choice. "Uh, I was gonna wear the black heels but these shoes are less uncomfortable then the heels and plus it matches the outfit" he again, seeing clearly that it did. The shoes are white with orange ties. It's something at least.

"Enough, criticizing my shoes and let's go. Bill said he and the others well meet us there" you grabbed Tom's car keys to drive his car. "Uh huh! No way, not my betty" he snatched the keys out of your hands. "You named it, Betty?" You question his choice of name. "So? It's my car" he fought. "You could have chosen any other name in the world and you picked Betty?" You rose your brow in disapproval of the name he gave it. "Would you rather have me name it blacky" he said. "You know what, can we just go I don't wanna be late" you gave up on trying to fight him about the name he gave to the car. He agreed and the both of you left to go to the event.