six

six.
::illicit affairs::

"look at this idiotic fool that you made me"
—taylor swift

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

The morning after Bella had come to Althea to ask about Edward Cullen, was when the older Swan girl planned to approach him

The morning after Bella had come to Althea to ask about Edward Cullen, was when the older Swan girl planned to approach him. But her desire to know what his issue was with her was unsuccessful when she realized he didn't come to school. And that seemed to be a pattern with him as the days began to pass. While Bella grew slightly annoyed by waiting for the boy to show his face again, Althea was a bit overjoyed with a dash of irritation here and there. Edward's absences were working in her favor for their bet. She could practically see him placing the crisp $100 in her hand. But he had missed their date along with leaving her extremely irritated on certain days when they were required to work with their table partners to break up the workload yet he was nowhere in sight. He had to have known she would rip him a new one when the time came for him to make his appearance again.

Althea had finally got the courage to tell Bella that she would be taking her own car to school finally. She felt bad for her sister, being the new girl and all, but it had been a week already. It was time for Althea to drive herself again. She was first to walk out the door, heading to her car. Charlie had pulled Bella's truck up into the driveway while Bella descended the stairs. But while she was wiping her eyes from the raindrops, she slipped and fell causing Althea to burst out laughing. It was a funny thing to watch happen for the younger girl. Bella was a true bambi. Charlie had gotten out of the vehicle, quick to lift his oldest up and check on her.

"Al, cut it out," Charlie scolded, she was practically gasping for air with her hands on her knees.

"I'm sorry. That was just too good. At least it was a graceful fall," Althea teased while Bella shook her head, laughing herself.

"Sorry, the ice still doesn't really help the uncoordinated," Bella said.

"Yeah. That's why I had some new tires put on the truck. Old ones were getting pretty bald," Charlie kicked Bella's new tire lightly.

"At least they're the tires and not your hair," Althea commented. Her dad shot her a glare which made her shrug. She was just being honest.

"Well, I'll probably be late for dinner. I gotta head down to Mason County. Security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal," Charlie told his daughters while making his way to his cruiser.

"An animal?" Bella questioned.

"You're not in Phoenix anymore, Bells," Charlie told her.