twenty

twenty.
::joke's on you::

"god knows I've tried to be kind"
—charlotte lawrence

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

happy reading :))

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

Jacob had driven Bella home, pulling up in front of the Swan household

Jacob had driven Bella home, pulling up in front of the Swan household. But was quick to shut Bella's door before she could get out of the car. Suddenly going into protective mode once he detected that a vampire was present.

"Wait. There's a vampire," Jacob hissed out. Quickly trying to start the car to get them out of there.

"How do you know?" Bella questioned, looking around.

"I can smell it. I'm getting you out of here."

Bella turned around in the seat and spotted a car parked on the other side of the street. "That's Carlisle's car. They're here," Bella told him, going for the truck door.

"Bella. It's a trick," Jacob called out to her, following her out of the car. "Stop, you gotta come with me."

"They won't hurt me," Bella said, glaring at Jacob who stopped her.

"If a Cullen is back here, this is their territory. The treaty says we can only defend our own lands. I can't protect you here. I can bring you back to Althea," Jacob tried to reason with her. For a split second thinking maybe bringing up Althea would sway Bella. How silly of him to think that.

"It's okay. You don't have to protect me."

"You're about to cross a line," Jacob trailed off.

"Then don't draw one. Please?" Bella begged before rushing inside. Jacob slammed the truck door in anger. But he refused to leave until he knew she was completely safe.

Once Bella had learned it was Alice who was inside the house. She had to explain to Alice what had happened. Since the one time Alice got a glimpse of Althea in her visions was the moment when her heart stopped before everything got blurry. It left the girl in a frantic state, rushing to get to Forks. She had left her sister, Rosalie, in a state of shock when she darted out of the door after telling her she saw Althea die the moment she and Bella fell off a cliff.

To say Alice was confused after learning that Althea was still alive was an understatement. Her face showed her complete puzzlement. She was sure that she had seen her die. And she was correct, Bella explained that Althea's heart did stop beating but Paul did CPR. Once he was told to stop she had suddenly came to five minutes later. The vampire was relieved to say the least but she was left with questions of her own. Carlisle had to know something. They were all rather curious of Althea before, but now, things were getting a lot more confusing. He had to have some sort of answer to how it was possible.