Chapter 20

Third persons POV

San looks out the window of his uber, he's tired, he's sad but out of it all, he's broken. It might not seem like it to other people, hell everyone thinks he's got it all but really, he's just lost.

He doesn't know where he's going, he can't remember where he told his driver to take him so he lets the world do it instead.

Yeah he's absolutely hammered right now but even then he can still feel the pain. The pain of the past, it never seems to go away.

It's always just there.

No matter where he's at or where he goes, it's always following him.

San was called out for no reason. Why should it be a big deal that he's here to see you? Shouldn't everyone be happy that's he's back?

"We're here sir" the driver says and his voice echoes through San's pounding head.

San sniffs and opens his door but before he can get out he hands some cash to the driver. "Thankss mann" he slurs before shutting the door.

The car drives away and San stands alone in the dark. He's not even sure what time it is but he can tell it's late by the silence in the streets.

It's dark and he can barely see where he's at.

He looks around and that's when he sees a familiar house he hasn't been to in years. Without being able to even think he walks up to the house and to his luck the doors unlocked.

The house is cold and smells like dust but that's the least of his concerns right now. San closes the door behind him and it's like he's been here before because he somehow knows right where the bedroom is.

He's tired and faded. San doesn't know what's going on, he came back for two reasons but it feels like maybe it was a mistake. No one seems to want him here.

He's not saying that he was expecting open arms from everybody he was only hoping that his friends would be happy to see him.

But they're not and he doesn't even know why.

This to San feels like old times, everyone silently hating him even though he's done nothing wrong. His own friends being two faced.

This hurts him and he hates it.

He hates everyone.

Back when he had you he felt as if he had everything he ever wanted. A lady, money, a nice home and good friends. He had thought he had everything.

That was, until he started becoming aware of things that he had been excluded from. Many things, painful ones to that.

He was betrayed and when he left his friends had the nerve to tell him that they were betrayed. But what they could never understand was that it happened to him first.

They had left him in the dust several times and he didn't even realize it, once he did he was tired of it. He hates to say that about them but mostly you, especially since it's true.

You had lied to him, made him feel like he was crazy. Sure you eventually told him the truth but it was already too late for him. He was already drowning from the constant fear of having to see you act like that.