VII. GIRLFRIEND

"I will never be that me again"

AAYAN's POV

I stood there looking at her now sad, disappointed face. Her eyes filled with vulnerable tears. Her soft lips wobbled. She's trying so hard to keep her composure but, she failed miserably.

I don't why but my gaze falls on her forehead, the bandaid she flunked to hide with her small hairs in front.

Only one look at it and my blood boil. clenched my jaw so tightly I could feel the tightness of my bones.

Her eyes found mine again but I moved my gaze away to calm myself down.

I don't why but the thought of her being hurt makes me crash that person.

She's no one to me still.

She evokes anomalous emotions in me.

And I hate her for that.

Why the hell, I'm feeling right now to give her a chance before a drop of tears falls.

I'm very punctual with time, and professional when it comes to work and related stuff. She has broken the rule by coming late and there's no way I can grant her a chance and excuse her being late.

Rules are rules.

But I can feel it in my guts that she didn't come late purposely. Something happened. The bandaid on her forehead states that clearly.

Yesterday the bandaid wasn't there on her forehead, even though I saw her laughing and smiling. She looked relaxed,

What could have happened in this 24hrs?

Seeing her, just one look at her sad face. I feel like breaking the rules and granting her a chance to perform her theory.

I feel like breaking the rules for Her.

She took a step back and at that moment I hated myself more than I ever did. Looking at me one last time she turned away and walked out.

But her body shivering didn't go unnoticed by me.

I screwed up

I stood there like a fucking helpless bastard.

But why did I feel like this, man?

She's just my student, nothing more, nothing less.

"She became sad tho," Mrs. Reem said,

"Yeah, looking at her, she was genuine when she she apologized. " Mr. Keshav said.

I took a deep breath and looked outside the door where she disappeared.

"What else we could have done, we couldn't have broken ordinances, could we?" Mrs. Reem said, looking at me and Mr. Keshav taking her seat.

He just nodded at her and took the seat.

"I'll come"