XXX. Birthdayyy

"You are my breath, a thread of my soul, my only reason to live"

AAYAN' S POV

I was sitting on the chair, writing an email when my laptop died. I tsked in irritation and stood up to bring the charger. I saw Smira in the kitchen, she was holding her hair in one hand and searching for her hair tie. She never keeps one to herself, an amused smile slathered my lips and I walked to her, removing the scrunchie on my wrist I brought her hair and tied it in a loose pony.

She stiffens with the sudden touch of my hand but relaxes fleetly. I placed a small feathered kiss on her neck and turned around in my room to bring the charger. I have to send the e-mail in dire. "Smira, can I take your laptop? I need to email urgently." I asked her, leaning on the wall.

She turned around and looked at me. Her gaze stopped on the folded arms of mine over each other. She gulps heavily and then she darts her eyes up and looks at me. "huh?" she says, distractedly. "Yes- yes. You can take it." her voice was dry and she fumbled on her words. She bites on her lips. The way she looks at me right now with her innocent almond eyes makes me think very dangerous things.

I intimidate her.

With an exultant smile, I walked away into her room. I saw her laptop on her study table. It was on so there was no need to ask for a password. When I was on the screen I saw Billard's game paused. Why was she watching the billiard game?

"Why were watching the billiard game?" I asked out of curiosity. Smira's eyes slightly widen and she chews on her lips. She always does when she gets nervous. "oh, that- nothing. I was watching randomly" She replies stumbling on her words. I nodded at her in return and went back to write an email.

~

"Class dismissed" I announced firmly. The death-silent class morphs into whispering of talks. Some sigh in relief, and some groan due to the next lecture they have to attend. My gaze was fixed on Smira, who was silently packing her things and walking down the steps. She slowly looked up, and then immediately looked down once she caught me staring at her. Cute blush veils her soft cheek.

"Smira" I call her out. She stopped and faced me. "We will go together," I said to her. Her eyes twinkled but then her face fell, remembering something. She shakes her head in no.

"I have something else to do," she replied.

"Do you need me to drop you?" I asked her.

"NO" She panickingly said. "I'll manage," she said.

Smira is been acting weird these days. She keeps on doing something on her phone or keeps watching videos. And whenever I ask her about it she says "Nothing". This makes me worry, is she in some problem?

I nod at her. I don't want to make her feel that I doubt her or something. Her phone buzzes and she cuts the call. "Bye,' she says and turns around but stops in the middle and faces me. " I love you Aayan." the way my heart melts and I relax.

~

We were sitting on a sofa, and I was completing the presentation on the laptop. Smira was lying down on the sofa, her head on my lap and my fingers were roaming in her soft locks.

"One minute" she whispered softly and stood up and went somewhere. It was pitch dark so I didn't get to see where she went. After a minute I heard her soft footsteps against the floor.

I looked up and saw the candle on the cake and she was walking towards me. But all I can see is her angelic smile and the way the candle's light was glowing her soft skin. I saw the time on the mobile and it says 10th December then it hit me that it is my birthday.