XVII. Its Us Together

"I don't think you understand
The effect you have on me.."

Outfits♡ >>

AAYAN'S POV

AAYAN'S POV

My phone started buzzing and I saw Eshant calling me. "Hey brother, how are you?" he asked, sounding way too excited. Eshant was one of my classmates in college. We did keep in touch with each other but today he called me after months.

"I'm good. How are you?" I asked him back. I saw Smira coming out of her room, all dressed for college. She smiles at me and goes into the kitchen to make something for breakfast.

"I'm good. I heard you got married. So it's okay that you didn't invite me to your wedding but I'm inviting you and Bhabhi to attend the housewarming party tonight." he says.

"Okay, congratulations by the way Eshant," I said. I saw Smira picking up the bowl of milk without picking it up with the handle. Her finger burned and she winced immediately. "I'll call you later Eshant. Bye," I ended the call and immediately ran towards her.

I turned her around and her eyes welled up due to pain. I took her hand in mine and it was all burned and the skin became red. I put her hand under the cold water and she winced again. "Owch!" my heart clenched seeing her in pain.

"How can you be so reckless Smira?" I said madly. She can't be so erratic. What if she had gotten hurt more?

She looks up and me and then down like a baby. "Come sit here," I said. She took a sit-on chair and I brought a bandaid and cream.

I took her hand gently not to hurt her more. Carefully I rub the cream on her, Smira sucked in a breath, closing her eyes, so as not to cry. But the burn was intense, her whole finger got red.

Putting up the bandaid she got to relax. "Now you sit here I'll make something for us," I said to her. She opened her mouth to protest but one glared at her and she immediately shut her mouth making me smirk.

~

I was sitting on my chair, checking the papers of students. To their luck, none of them copied. The next paper was Smira's. Reading her answers made me smile. The way she has deeply written, her every answer shouts perfectionism. It made me proud.

"Hello, Mr Kashyap." a feminine pitchy voice boomed in the staff room. I looked up and Ms. Khan was standing, smiling down at me with her bright red lips.

"Hello," I greeted her back. Not to be an idiot. But I unknowingly started to tolerate her. She also does not try to flirt with me, nor speak too seductively. Which made me talk with her daily basis.

"So how's paper checking going on?" she asks, sitting in front of me.

I huff pointing at papers. "Great" I replied because Smira's paper was great and she made my checking time great.