12: accidents and meltdowns

gammy grabs taehyung by his hand and leads him over to the dressing room at the back where the walls are covered in materials and fabrics- the shop is another jeon's owned business and happily run by gammy on the weekends, who's taken the liberty ...

gammy grabs taehyung by his hand and leads him over to the dressing room at the back where the walls are covered in materials and fabrics- the shop is another jeon's owned business and happily run by gammy on the weekends, who's taken the liberty to give the workers the day off so that they can all be left alone.

"don't worry about the fit, I'm the best tailor here in yeongdo," gammy exclaimed.

"go ahead" - taehyung gave her a nod and close the blinds, turning around to look at the blazer and pants hung up on the hook by the mirror, it was beautiful and vintage.

"i can't believe this is happening," gammy said from the other side of the curtain- "my mother made this suit by hand! In this very shop, in 1935." - jiyeon laughed hearing her mother-in-law's words, she knows how thrilled the latter is to see taehyung wearing that suit.

"sweetheart is it over?" jiyeon called out.

"just- just finishing up the buttons," taehyung called out, fumbling with the said buttons.

taehyung finally pushed the curtain back, stepping into the room, smiling at gammy and jiyeon who looked back at him with happy faces.

"oh, you look wonderful!" gammy beams.

"very beautiful," jiyeon agrees. "just needs some touching up, that's all."

"It's uh- i think a tad bit loose in certain areas but otherwise..."

"oh, sorry. my husband was a little more buffer than you" - the husband part made taehyung look at gammy with an agape expression.

"you don't mean..." taehyung gave jiyeon a look of confirmation and she nods, making taehyung to grab gammy by her arm. "this is your husbands wedding suit?"

"of course!" she chuckles, looking at the dress with tenderness. "my mother stitched it for him but it suits you so well. It's amazing"

"gammy, I- " the words are tight in taehyung's throat, he shook his head. "I can't wear this."

what taehyung said takes them by surprise- they must be thinking about why he wouldn't want to wear such a special dress on his special day, but that's the very reason he can't explain it to them- the dress is special, something that needs to be preserved like a treasure and his marriage to jungkook is going to be far from that.

is it too late to back out of it now?

"i want you to wear this taehyung" gammy stated.

"but it's -"

"i've been waiting for this, so no debates." gammy ordered as she examined the areas of the suit that needed a little touch up.

"i was thinking, if you'd like... maybe we could head down your way for the holiday this year," jiyeon smiled at him.

"oh," taehyung said, not expecting that. would they still be married by then? "that would be nice. or- or maybe we could come up here too."

"well that would be lovely," jiyeon smiled warmly at him.