15: all hell broke loose

the whole thing turned into chaos the second taehyung left, people got up and started talking to one another, shooting obvious glances jungkook's way- mr

the whole thing turned into chaos the second taehyung left, people got up and started talking to one another, shooting obvious glances jungkook's way- mr.jeon kept his collected attitude even though jiyeon rushed towards jungkook grabbing him by the arms.

"what were you thinking?" jiyeon asked, her hand cupping jungkook's cheek.

"jungkook why did you lie-"

"I don't know okay? I- " jungkook's words got stuck in his throat "-look, I'll explain everything, I promise- i just need to sort this out." - jungkook let out hurriedly as he ran off the beach, ignoring the words of everyone whom he passed and the people who tried to stop him, wanting an explanation- but he was determied to get to his house before taehyung can run off.

jungkook barged through the front door, taehyung wasn't in the living room, nor was he in the kitchen- he ran up the stairs, making a beeline for the bedroom.

taehyung had to be there.

he had to.

jungkook pushed the door open, only to find the room empty. he looked around and saw taehyung's suit carefully laid down on the bed. with shaky fingers, jungkook eached out for the stack of paper sitting on top of the suit.

his manuscript was there, along with a note in taehyung's handwriting.

you were right, this book is special. i lied because i knew publishing meant I'd lose you as an assistant, selfish! but you have an extraordinary eye, and I'll make sure we
authorize this before i leave. have an amazing life. you deserve it !

taehyung xx.

but a life without taehyung is going to be anything less than wonderful.

jungkook closed the letter, taking a shaky breath- if taehyung was already gone, leaving a whole ass letter and manuscript behind, that means he had taken this decision before beforehand, maybe yesterday night?

jungkook might have screamed if it weren't for the knocking on the door, and he spinned around to see jimin standing at the door.

"well- " jimin said, entering the room, looking around worried since there wasn't any sign of taehyung "this was uh- crazy. you know, people are gonna be talking about this forever."

jungkook huffed, looking back down at the letter. "yeah."

"are you okay?"

"yeah. no..." jungkook turned around hand tightly clutching the letter "i just feel- you know what the problem is?" jungkook asked and jimin shook his head.

"you see, the problem is that this man is a gigantic pain in my ass. first there's the whole leaving thing. i understand that. it's a sham wedding. it's kind of stressful. but then he goes ahead and he leaves this note. because he doesn't have the decency, the humanity to do it to my face" jungkook motioned to the letter lightly crumbling it feeling insulted.