08: apologies & surprises

jungkook walked over to his father, mr

jungkook walked over to his father, mr.jeon was indulged in playing golf by the lake trying his best to get the ball in the cup and for sure he wasn't doing a best job of it "hey appa" jungkook began sitting down on a nearby log "you wanted to talk?"

his father paused for a moment to glance at him and started speaking "your mother was a little peeved. apparently, i wasn't the most gracious of hosts last night.", jungkook hummed. - "it was a little bit of a shock to find out that you were getting married, especially when none of us even knew that you were dating"

"i never had the chance to open up the topic to you."

"well, what we all knew is that you extremely despised your boss, bringing him home and announcing that you're getting married to him - it seems a 360 degrees turn of events. It was too much for me."

"a lot could happen in a year" jungkook countered- his father noticing the agitation on jungkook's face.

"fine. you're right. the point is...I owe you
an apology. I'm sorry." jungkook started to calm and relax again. It's just the words that he wanted to hear- he was so close to having an argument with him again and it's good to hear that his father decided to apologize for his inappropriate remarks.

mr.jeon stretched out his arms for a hug- jungkook hesitated at first but they don't always get the chance to do this so he walked towards his father and wrapped him in an embrace. "apology accepted." he muttered. the hug was short, but it's just all that jungkook needed.

for a moment, the father-son duo stood in a comfortable silence.

"there's something else i wanted to discuss with you, jungkook"

"yeah?" jungkook hummed.

"i've been going over my retirement plans
recently, and it got me thinking" the tone that his father uses now becomes more
serious- jungkook stopped enjoying the cool breeze and looked at his father with anticipation.

"i've done a lot of things in my life, practically built an empire with your mother from the ground up. It doesn't mean anything unless - "

"- you have someone to leave it to" jungkook completed his father's words.

"yeah, we already discussed this dad:", his good mood is now completely spoiled.

"yes, but I'd like to discuss it again:", his voice powerful and strong. "you have responsibilities here, I think I've been more than understanding about your goofing off in seoul. i need you to quit playing around."

after all these years, all his father could still think about was how he wanted jungkook to be the successor of the empire their family had built. of course it was always nice to have something to inherit from your family as it's not always the case for everyone. he was lucky to be born in a well-off clan that does not need to worry about how they would survive and eat in their everyday life- everything he needed to live was provided with ease.