16: the deportation

the plane had left the airport with taehyung and namjoon in it- who was persistent in making taehyung aware that he knew this would happen- when the plane touches down in seoul city, taehyung is halfway stumbling through the airport to take a taxi...

the plane had left the airport with taehyung and namjoon in it- who was persistent in making taehyung aware that he knew this would happen- when the plane touches down in seoul city, taehyung is halfway stumbling through the airport to take a taxi back to the office and get as far away from namjoon as possible.

he's given only twenty-four hours to pack up everything and depart, seeing as he's doing so voluntarily- only one day to leave behind the position he has been so focused on for ten years, now slipping through his fingers and getting put into the hands of a man who might shred this place apart.

It's still all hustle and bustle at the colden books office- even more when taehyung walks into the building, people were scampering at his feet- It's sickening, he realises, seeing how people were so scared of him.

- there are already empty boxes in his office since he called jackson ahead of time and asked for him to take some from the storage room on his way here- but it felt strange to put away parts of his life into cardboard boxes, feeling bitter seeing all of those fit in the boxes so perfectly.

- finally all of his things were packed up, ready to be taken with him. his ex-colleagues were all slowly passing by his door, looking through the glass to watch him pack- they were happy he was leaving, taehyung could see it but he couldn't blame them- he was the devil just like how they named him.

he stood glancing out the window for some moment after packing , the sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards the west- people ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water, puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier- he listened to the murmuring of the rain through the window which sounded like buzzing of angry bees.

moving his fingers across every droplets that fell on the window- he recalled everything that happened in his life for the past four days.

his stupid selfishness wrecked everything. it got him landed in a state he didn't plan for, it got him headfirst into an illegal disaster, and it got him falling head over heels for jungkook.

- he swears his heart hasn't beaten since the day he was on his own, only for it to come back to life after one weekend away with jungkook and his family. now, taehyung is completely sure it'll never beat again.

jungkook deserve better than him. anyone who has ever known him deserves better than his company, but for a brief moment he thought-he hoped-that jungkook wanted him too- but a coward who runs away from his problems don't deserve someone like jungkook.

sighing to himself, taehyung wiped the tears from his face- he picked a whole box from the ground and pathetically tried to open the door with his arms full- he managed somehow and stopped just outside of his office, looking around.

"jackson" taehyung called out when he spotted him- he walked to his desk, giving him a post-it. "i need you to send the boxes in my office to this address, please." taehyung put the box on the desk. "this address right here, okay? can you do that?"