14: the wedding

"ready?" gammy asked taehyung, extending her arm for him to loop it around his

taehyung nodded, unsure, and she took his elbow.

taehyung didn't feel anything- barely registering her hand on his arm and couldn't remember the walk from the car to the beach, where they had to wait to walk down the aisle.

it was late afternoon- the area faced the breathtaking sunset. at the end of each seated aisle, jasmine-scented candles hung from naked tree branches. spread down the aisle were white leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn't crack when you stepped on them- a small group of close family and friends dressed in beach attire for comfort, on either side of the aisle, they sat in white chairs set up for them on the sand.

taehyung heard the first notes of the music and plastered on his face the best smile he could- gammy started walking and he followed along, rounding the corner and entering the wide set-up where everyone was seated.

the entrance was decked up with a beautiful floral arch, blossoming white hydrangeas covering the top of the arches- balloons and streamers fluttered around the railing and banisters, a festive mixture of light blue, and white, the alter was designed in the form of a modern chuppah, the structure was adorned with orchids, calla lilies, and greenery.

taehyung looked up, his eyes instantly finding jungkook, as they had been trained to do for more than three years now- jungkook was standing at the end of the aisle, with a smile on his face. he looked handsome as ever, his coal black hair was styled in a way his perfect forehead is highlighted.

- the guests got up as they saw taehyung and gammy start walking down the aisle, every pair of eyes trained on him felt heavier with each step taehyung took, reminders that they were fooling everyone for taehyung's own stupid needs- amongst the crowd taehyung catches namjoon sitting in the back row, seemingly dressed for the occasion- which gave him more reason to worry about.

before taehyung knew it, he was by jungkook's side, standing in front of the officiant.

"everyone, please be seated," the officiant said. "we are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the beauty, honesty, and unselfish ways of jungkook, and taehyung's true love, in front of family and friends-"

taehyung's mind was elsewhere, digging through the thoughts that kept him awake last night. he picks each one up, frowns at it, and goes on to the next thought, repeating the same process- the nerves are starting to bubble over when he begins to fidget in his spot, fiddling with his hands. the beach felt like it rose eighty degrees, burning his skin down to the bone. he's sweating, surely, and his throat feels dry, then his senses grow muddled and the officiant making the speech says something that almost stabs taehyung right through his chest.

"beauty, honesty, and unselfish ways of jungkook and taehyung's true love, in front of family and friends-"

that's what he said!