13: the deal of a lifetime

surprisingly, mr

surprisingly, mr.jeon is waiting at the end of the dock, when the pair reached the house, and as they near, they noticed his jaw is set in a tight line- the kind of look all children are frightened of from their parents.

"i want to speak to both of you," he says, eyeing both of them sternly and then gesturing with a finger to follow him.

unexpectedly, he didn't brought them inside the house, instead, he made them follow him towards the shed near the backyard, pausing at the door to flick the duo another stern gaze.

"-we don't speak a word about this to your mother."

it was an instruction, not just a suggestion, and both of them started to worry about what was going on.

as taehyung and jungkook followed mr.jeon inside the shed, there's a metallic click coming from behind the corner wall that grabs their attention and when the man behind it steps out- they swear they saw their life flash before their eyes.

"i told you that I'd check up on you" grinned namjoon, a metallic pen in his hand which he kept on clicking.

fuck. jungkook felt taehyung freeze behind him- this was not something they needed, especially after the confessions that had been made on the boat mere moments before.

"what happened?" jungkook asked, turning to mr.jeon.

"i got a phone call from mr. namjoon here, who told me what all is happening in detail, he told me that if you were lying, which he strongly believes that you are, he would send you to prison. so I flew him up here" his voice wavered at the end.

"appa,"

namjoon cuts in, raising a hand. "i'll admit, I was pretty eager on the phone to arrest you, as I was sure that you both are lying, but your father arranged a negotiation on your behalf."

"this offer is going to last for twenty seconds, so listen carefully." namjoon stepped towards them.

namjoon pointed to jungkook "now you will make a statement admitting that this marriage is a scam, then you'll not have to go to prison. you tell the truth and you are off the hook. and he," he pointed to taehyung, "will go back to australia"

the silence was loud. jungkook felt his dad's eyes heavy on him.

taehyung stood froze in the spot unable to say anything- at that moment taehyung didn't cared about anything, his job, going back to australia nothing came to his mind - the only thought he had in his mind was that, even if jungkook is going to tell the truth and name this all as a scam which it is, he'll be fine with it.

jungkook turned to mr.jeon. "i don't think so."

"don't be stupid, jungkook" he exclaimed, unsure why his son was getting into all this trouble just for his boss.

"you want a statement?" jungkook asked namjoon, stepping closer to him- "here's your statement. i've worked with taehyung for three years. six months ago we started dating and we fell in love. i asked him to marry me and he said yes. i'll see you at the wedding."

jungkook took taehyung's arm, dragging him out of the shed.

taehyung sat down on the bed, not sure what to think- no, he knew exactly what to think. this was all a mistake that was falling down on jungkook's family. "you're sure about this?" he asked, keeping his hands on jungkook's thigh.

"not really," jungkook said not sure himself of what to feel in this situation.

"jungkook I'm- I'm very appreciative of what you've done but I think that-"

"you'd do the same for me, right" jungkook interrupted.

he would.

taehyung didn't know if he was surprised by that, but he would have done the same..

there was a sudden knock on the door and jungkook yelled out a 'come in' for the person on the other side.

the door opened and gammy barged into the room. "-hope everyone is decent!" she playfully uttered.

" -you need to come with me," she told jungkook.

"tomorrow is your wedding day, you have to give this love blanket a rest tonight, it's a tradition." gammy took the blanket, throwing it over her arm.

"now give your fiancé a goodnight kiss, you've got your whole life to be together." she disappeared out of the room as fast as she had come in. "come on," she threw over her shoulder.

jungkook got up, looking over at taehyung.

"i should probably go or she's gonna... " jungkook chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "you know."

taehyung hummed, still looking at jungkook with a smile.

"i'll see you tomorrow morning?" jungkook smiled.

taehyung nodded. "okay"

"okay" - after one last look, jungkook was out of the door - it was only when the door closed behind jungkook, leaving taehyung alone in the room, he let the tears fall.

that night taehyung slept on the side of the bed facing the wall, wishing for the warmth he had felt the previous night to engulf him.

- '𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓' : 900 -
☆ .thankyou for reading. ☆