Losing Lives

Lilac was high. Isaac had finished preening her wing, there were just bloodstains that she would need to wash. "Take off your dress, I know there are wounds and messy feathers under there." Unlike humans, Lilac technically could not become indecent. Her torso was covered in feathers, like a jumpsuit. Part of being an experiment meant that she lost the desire and ability to reproduce as well as parts of the human thought process. She saw no shame in killing to protect, or eat, as she was 2 parts carnivore.

The others were in the trees, gathering resources, most of them having a faint idea of what was going on.

Lilac took of her dress, revealing the matted feathers underneath her clothes.

Scar chose that moment to come back and enchant some iron gear.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" was the first thing Scar greeted them with. Lilac rolled her eyes. "Scar, I'm not human, the only reason I wear clothes is that normal people find it uncomfortable that I am covered in feathers, which, by the way, are like another layer of clothing. We can talk about how strange I am later." Her wings laid at an angle that just screamed 'REALLY?' Isaac then started straightening the feathers.

Lilac started humming as Isaac cleaned up the last of the feathers. He had made a pile of the loose and broken ones that Lilac lit up with sparks. "You will need to wash the bloodstains out..." Lilac winced.

She hated water. Always had, always will. Gets in her ears. But she still pulled on her dress and marched away to get resources, her tail lashing at the grass behind her. She quickly found a vein of iron. She mined the ore from the chunk and put in a furnace to smelt it. Then she went hunting, letting her Lynx instincts guide her. It wasn't long before she found some sheep grazing next to a river.

CRACK

Lilac's ears swiveled towards the sound. The sheep also looked up, trying to detect if there was a threat.

RUSTLE

The sound was coming from across the river. She flicked her tongue, obtaining oxygen and catching the scent of the thing in the bushes. Bdubs, Impulse and Etho. She knew Isaac and Pearl were allowing her to hunt and stayed away at the max block limit. The tip of Lilac's tail flicked. Impulse was always clumsy. They had no idea on how to be quiet. If they make another sound, she won't have meat nor wool. Her attention went back to the sheep. They were about to run. She silently scaled a tree she was standing next to. Her stance was the same as a hunting cat.

She pounced onto the sheep, her claws gripping ones wool. She bit into it's neck, relishing the crack of it's neck. She leaped of of the dead sheep and started running after the other ones.

She caught three.

Lilac had collected the meat and wool and put into her inventory. She was back at the river. She still could hear the group hiding in the trees of the spruce forest. "Oi! Buzz off!" She yelled at them. They stood up. "How?" "You aren't as quiet as you think. Oh, and you've been hiding upwind. You're scent is being blown over here." Came the reply to the question. Lilac brought her hand up to her cheek. Her hand felt the moist feathers that were covered in blood. She felt the stitches keeping a wound closed still intact. She sighed in relief. She was lucky that her mouth wasn't opened in a gory, bleeding smile.

Suddenly, a sword impaled her from behind.