Tick Tock

Hey, I'm back! School has been a pain, and motivation ran away from me. Sooo... Enjoy this:

Lilac rubs her forehead. She's tapping her foot. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. "Ugh, just shut up already." She mumbles.

The relentless ticking and tocking doesn't stop.

Isaac and Pearl were chopping trees down on the floor. There had been quite a few deaths due to the Great Hunger thingies.

Those few people coped better than she did. But they didn't almost crumble into ash. Because they weren't made of magic.

"||𝙹⚍ ᓵᔑリ'ℸ ᓭ╎ℸ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ⎓𝙹∷ᒷ⍊ᒷ∷. ||𝙹⚍ ᔑ∷ᒷ ∷ᒷ↸! ⊣𝙹 ꖌ╎ꖎꖎ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ !¡ᒷ𝙹!¡ꖎᒷ."

Xelqua. Is. A. Stupid. Excuse. Of. A. Watcher. Lilac grumbles, and looks up. "∴⍑ᔑℸ ᔑʖ𝙹⚍ℸ...リ𝙹."

Her Galactic sounds much choppier than it should. Who cares? She stands up, and grabs her sword from a chest. 

After a moments hesitation, she grabs her axe as well. She slides down the ladder. "Can we go visit Joel and Lizzie?"

"Uh- I don't think that's a good idea. They have killed you once." Pearl explained.

"And I killed them afterwards." Lilac replies simply. "You have to choose. To go, or not to go."

Pearl glances at Isaac, before refocusing her gaze on Lilac. "What do you plan to do?"

Lilac grins, and her eyes slit. "Well, this clock won't shut up, so I think that I'll return the favour to the pair that gave me it!" She says it so cheerfully that it sounds wrong.

"I want to tear them apart, bit by bit. If that is worse than a Great Hunger, I'll be very, very pleased."

Both her teammates back away from her, eyes wide. "Lilac..." Isaac mutters.

"What?" Lilac walks closer to the two. Blood blood bloơ̷̛̖͕̰̦̙͖̭̞̙̹͕̖̑̿̈́̽̒͋̕͝ͅͅd̷̛̖̰͐̎́̃̌̇̋̽̕͝͠ͅ ̶̛̮͙͙͇̭͗̎̔̓͐̽̿́̂̈͒͝b̸̺͖̤̞̬̥͎̜̭͕͓͐̾̐͆̒̋̂͘l̴̢͉̞͓̟̠͓̱̲͗̔͛̊̊̽̿̔̓̾̎͝o̶̡͔̭̻͍̼͖͈̭͗͊̿͝ȭ̶̢͓̮̙͉̖͔͓͎͒̈́́̐͑̀ͅd̶̳̦̱͚̳͙͂̿̋̔̈́̆̅̊̋́̆̾ ̶̝̬͉̙́͌̂̃̄͘͝ḃ̸̢̛̻̺̰͓̾͗̔̓͘͝l̵̨̨͉̠̞̭̯̪͎̗͚͚̗̃̍̒̂̾͊̃́͋̎͆o̷̲̗̅̄̅̈́̅̈́̃̆̑͝͝o̶̧̦̫̪̙̦̝͖͚̤̰̻̯̪̮̾̋̽̚d̴͓̱̫́̏͗̅̀̋.

ʖꖎ𝙹𝙹↸ ⎓𝙹∷ ℸ⍑ᒷ ʖꖎ𝙹𝙹↸ ⊣𝙹↸↸ᒷᓭᓭ.

The voices are screaming so loud, too loud. Tick tock tick tock. The clock is counting down, so fast, too fast.

SHUSH! SHUT UP!

Lilac comes back to her senses. "I need to take a walk, I think I've been in the Sky House for too long." She shakes her head. What was that thing she saw in the Code?

Right. Bloodlust for Red Names and a random player each 'day'. Boogeyman.

What were the voices saying in Galactic? Blood for the Blood Goddess? Lilac furrows her brow. Yeah, that was it. But she's no Blood Goddess. She's not a Goddess!

The Greater Being might be though. Yeah, that would make sense.

Things are making no sense.

The world seems to swirl around her.

And suddenly, walls of Code surround Lilac. Pearl and Isaac are the only things here that don't look like they are made up of code. Black shadows seem to try and drown her, suffocate her.

A figure, made up of a beautiful white in this shadow world, stands there. Purple specks litter the edges of the silhouette.

Lilac can feel it looking at her, before everything swirls back into place.

The urge to murder everyone is back in the forefront of her mind. She can ignore it. Right? Right. Just ignore it, keep a grip, don't let it take over.

She looks at Joel, Lizzie and Ren's house. How did she get here so fast? Weren't we at the Sky House just a second ago?

The throbbing in her head increases tenfold. Throb, tick, throb, tock. "Tick, tock. Tick. Tock." Lilac smiles. Her fangs gleam.

Her wings aren't folded anymore. They're half open, the blue feathers acting like a cloak.

Nightingale, symbolising heartbreak, love, and everlasting life. They always escape death. They help those who's heart has been shattered.

But what happens when the Nightingale's heart is broken? What happens when the Nightingale wants Death?

What happens when the Nightingale is scared of love? Of the pain, of the weakness?

What happens then?

Lilac doesn't feel like she's the one moving towards Lizzie, Joel and Ren's build. She doesn't feel like she's the one who opens the door. She doesn't feel like she's the one who swung the sword, who has blood on her hands. She doesn't feel like the sword in her hands is hers, nor the blood dripping from it is blood on her hands.

But it is.

Because Ren's broken body is on the floor. And a pool of blood is seeping from his chest.

And blood is on the bright blue diamond sword in Lilac's hand.

Blood stains her already blood-stained green dress.

And bright red liquid is splattered on her scales.

"Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock." She whispers, in time with the clock.

The bloodlust is gone, replaced with horror. "What have I just done?"

The sword clatters to the floor. It sounds muffled.

Something wet drips down her cheek. Her chest heaves, as she tries to breathe, to clear her vision.

When she hears someone running up stairs, she collapses to the floor. "What have I just done?"

It comes out choked. Her Comunicuff vibrates. She ignores it.

"I was wondering when you'd kill someone. Shame it had to be someone from my team." Lizzie says.

"I- I- What did I just do?!" Lilac feels like she's a broken radio, she's asked that so many times.

Lizzie comes down from her position. "You fell down the bloodlust rabbit-hole. Where's your team?" Her webbed hands are wrapped around her sword.

"I don't remember coming here, so I don't even know."

Lizzie seems confused. "You... You don't remember coming here?" Lilac shakes her head, hands still shaking. "Tick tock, tick tock." She murmurs, the rhythm soothing, stagnant.

Lizzie types something into her Comunicuff, and Lilac's Cuff vibrates.

Someone comes into the room, and they freeze. "Lilac?"

She's so tired. Someone asks her to stand up, and she tries, she really does, but everything's so fuzzy, and sleep clouds her vision.

The last thing she sees is strong arms smoothly picking her up, bridal style, before she succumbs to the heavy arms of sleep.