Strings To Chains

I try to break the strings that the Watchers had put on me. Xanthus continued trying to murder everybody.

I had enough willpower to stop her.

Isaac was looking at me funny. "They've... Put strings on me.... I'm Their puppet!" I choked out, fighting the strings.

I lifted the glamour.

So he could see what I saw.

Isaac gasps, and comes closer, tracing his fingers over some stitches. "How do we break it?" "Silver." It absorbs magic. But he knows that.

"How in the name of Crossroads am I going to get silver?"

"You're asking me like I know. Ask Iris. She should be able to drop some silver into the world."

"Ok. ╎∷╎ᓭ, ᓵᔑリ ||𝙹⚍ ↸∷𝙹!¡ ╎リ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ ᓭ╎ꖎ⍊ᒷ∷? ╎ リᒷᒷ↸ ℸ𝙹 ʖ∷ᒷᔑꖌ ᔑ ᓵ⚍∷ᓭᒷ." Isaac says.

I smile. The language of the stars. Scott could understand it now! The strings flicker, and go limp for a second.

Do my emotions affect it? ⋔⍜⍀⍜⌇?

⟟'⋔ ⊑⟒⍀⟒, ⏃⋏⎅ ⟟ ⏚⟒⌰⟟⟒⎐⟒ ⏁⊑⏃⏁ ⊬⍜⎍⍀ ⟒⋔⍜⏁⟟⍜⋏⌇ ⎅⍜ ⏃⎎⎎⟒☊⏁ ⌖⏃⋏⏁⊑⎍⌇' ⋔⏃☌⟟☊.

Alright. Not that helpful, considering that I gave my emotions to the Backrooms-Being.

Suddenly, the strings snap, and I fall to the floor.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Meya, the clock's at it again. Give me a break.

I stand up when my Comunicuff buzzes.

<SolidarityGaming> was slain by <GoodtimeswithScar>

Oh no. I slide down the ladder onto the bedrock circle. Jimmy was sitting on the cold stone, with Scott and Tango spinning around, confused at the sudden change of scenery.

Scott is made of Star-Stuff. Which means it worked.

"You three OK? The Cloud-House is open." Lilac asks.

"NO WAY ARE WE GOING IN THAT DEATH TRAP! YOU'RE A RED NAME!!" Tango shrieks. I flinch. Times he's loud. 

"Does Scott like being a Starborne again? Because last time I checked, I was the one who broke multiple rules with trying to repair his code. Xelqua did a lot of damage to it." I glare at the Blazeborn before a screen appears in front of me. Pre-written codes! I activate Tango's and Jimmy's before the Watchers or Listeners can interfere with Moros's work.

Screams fill the air before they die out. Canary yellow wings were on Jimmy's back, and Tango's hair was pure hell-fire, and rods circle his arms and legs.

Lilac smiles. She gave them their features back. And kicked Blade-Three out of Jimmy. 

"⏁⊑⏃⋏☍ ⊬⍜⎍ ⋔⍜⍀⍜⌇." She whispers.

Jimmy jumps up and wraps his hands around her throat. "How do you know that?" He whispers, hot breath grazing her sensitive ears. Lilac shudders, before the Entity takes over, and her eyes glow a bright white. "That information is none of your concern. It is a protected Secret." 

"Jimmy, leave her be. I can speak Galactic. Doesn't mean I'm a Watcher." Scott answers when the white light fades and is replaced with the red glow of a Red Life.

Lilac gasps when Jimmy lets her throat go. When she catches her breath she says, "The offer is still open. And if you kill me, then the Canary Curse will be broken.". The rasp in her voice was enough to make Pearl flinch above her.

"Are you OK Lilac?" She asks, sliding down the ladder. She notices Jimmy's red eyes. "Did Jimmy hurt you?"

Lilac shrugs. "Nothing that can't be fixed. It'll be easier to heal than Xanthus using me as Her puppet again."

"Can you still sing? It sounds really pretty." Scott questions, tilting his head at the Keeper.

"I can. That isn't important. Jimmy, Tango, would you like to come inside? I don't want to be eaten alive again." Lilac smooths out the torn and bloody half-dress she's wearing.

The scar tissue was visible with the tears in the top resembling teeth tearing it. The scar on her neck seemed to darken against her pale skin, and the brownish red patches of blood stood out against the green fabric.

Jimmy nods, looking around after realising that there might be another Great Hunger hidden in the ground.

He grabs her shoulder, to which Lilac winces. Tango notices. "Was he too rough or something?"

She sighs, and ignores the question.

"Turns out Lilac withers away when her magic is being drained. Her arms are pretty much blackened bits of ash." Pearl responds to Tango's question.

"Don't judge me. I'm pretty much made of magic." Lilac scowls, before speeding up the ladder and disappearing.

"Do you have a bridge going to the Flower Ranch by any chance?"

"Yup. She's just moody and hearing clocks ticking constantly."

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

╎ ᓵᔑリ'ℸ ∴ᔑ╎ℸ ⎓𝙹∷ ℸ⍑ᒷ ℸ╎ᒲᒷ ℸ𝙹 ∷⚍リ 𝙹⚍ℸ. ╎ℸ ∴ᔑᓭ ᔑꖎ∴ᔑ||ᓭ ꖎ╎ᒲ╎ℸᒷ↸, ᔑ⎓ℸᒷ∷ ᔑꖎꖎ.

A misty figure grins, Watching. Nothing will go wrong, and リ╎⊣⍑ℸ╎リ⊣ᔑꖎᒷ will be punished.

Tick.

Tock.

Goes.

The.

Clock.