CHAPTER 30: Coco's Family

Coco

Hey. For those of you who don't know, I am Coco Jindal. The youngest and the cutest Jindal heir. The newest addition to the family. I am not human like my family but I am a cute rottweiler puppy. Instead of what my parents say, I am not one but two months old. Dadda brought me home, when I was a month old, as an apology gift to mumma and ever since, I have been their child. Mumma was actually the one to name me, Coco, cute and sweet, just like me.

You wanna know a secret? I can understand what my humans speak. I just can't tell them that or they'll know about my superpowers and I'm too modest to brag you now, so I just speak my heart in my dog language. Though I think Mumma knows about my superpowers, well she is a smarty.

Oh by the way, let me introduce you to my family. We Jindals are very popular and a brand name. I myself have an instagram account too. My bua, Reet Jindal created it for me. She is my star aunt. She is currently in Ooty, studying, and I miss her, but we talk daily over vedio calls. My chachu, Karan Jindal organises those. He misses her too, but he doesn't say that to her, he just teases her.

I have Bade Papa and Badi Mumma too, Vihaan and Saanchi Jindal, my  human cousin Aariv's parents. They are the cute lovebirds of the house. I have walked in on them kissing so many times, bade papa doesn't even stop seeing me! I felt so awkward going infront of them after that you know.

Aariv though is my bestfriend. He is almost 2 months older to me and he is very cute, well not more than me ofcourse. I am the heartthrob of the family, just like my dadda. I have three pairs of grandparents you know. Rishabh and Aastha Jindal, my Dadu-Dadi, my role models. They manage their professional and personal life pretty well you know. Chote Dadu and Dadi are the funniest couple in the house. Chote Dadu is the funny one, always messing with Choti Dadi but she just needs to call him out once, "Aman Ji!" and he is back on track. My Bade Dadu and Dadi are the sweetest couple though, Anil and Neena Jindal. Technically they are my great grandparents, but even in their late 70s and early 80s, they are so in love. 

I also want a love like their's, with my crush. 

Oh she.

She is so beautiful you know. Vibrant like a sunflower, sweet like my favourite peanut butter snacks. And sassy like my mumma, actually she is even more badass. Which is obvious given she is her bestfriend. Vaani.

Oh Vaani.

She is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Black and white. The perfect grey. Good and bad. All in one. Mumma says that she is my maasi. But she is my crush.

Talking about my mumma, let me introduce you to my parents. Ahaan and Dr.Ira Jindal. They are actually in a platonic marriage. Wondering how that works? Yeah. Me too.

 Dadda is the hottest man on this earth, with the body of a Greek God. His chest and shoulders are inked in an intricate matter, covering his left chest and shoulder, ending on his biceps. I know he is my dad but he is sexy. And mom, she is the prettiest woman in the entire universe, her honey brown eyes totally complimented her olive skin and the hour-glass figure looks so hot that when she'd wear a body hugging outfit, men would throw themselves at her.

I really don't understand how Dadda keeps his hands off her. They spend atleast an hour almost daily, gazing at the stars and the moon. Mumma usually stays deep in her thought, but Dadda keeps sneaking a peak at her. I know she thinks about her grandmother and her family, she talks about them to me, she told me everything. And everytime she shares I snuggle close to her and give her a hug. Her sadness is very visible in her eyes , though she tries to hide them, she can't hide it from her child or her husband for that matter. I have seen dadda secretly looking at her once in a while.

But today, something different happened. Usually one of them sleeps on the couch and the other one on the bed, with me, but when I entered their room today there was some weird energy. Mumma was sitting on the couch while dadda took a plate of dinner to her. I crawled onto her lap and Dadda fed her, one bite after another.

That never happens. NEVER.

I just went and slopped onto the bed. Maybe they are coming around, for me probably. I mean, who would want to not do anything for me, I'm so cute afterall. I laid by the side of the bed and had almost passed out but then mumma broke my sleep. She pulled me to her so that and snuggled closer to me, putting my head on her arm.

I have to say, I'm not much of cuddler, but I love my mother. Also, she's super warm.

I just laid there like that until Dadda came out of the washroom and his heavy footsteps shook the earth. Literally. He had changed into a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt. He looked at Mumma's sleeping figure and then at my cute doe-eyes. He walked towards us and kneeled down to our eye level. He stroked a hand over my soft fur and then moved his hands over to mom's head.

"She's beautiful, ain't she? Coco" his eyes were so filled with love when he looked at her.

"Yeah dad she is." I groaned in my dog language.

He bent to kiss my head and lifted a little to see mom.

"Kiss her, dad. Kiss her." I whimpered.

He just looked at her with pure adoration and straightened his back.

"Well atleast you could have kissed her forehead, Dadda." I slumped my face lightly against Mumma's hand and she wiggled a little beneath me.

'Oh dad, why are you so stupid? Just look at how unbelievably beautiful and sweet she is.'

He retreated his hand from Mumma's forehead, and over to the her hand that rested beneath my head. Mumma shifted a little and clutched his hand.

Yayy!

Dad stiffened a little at that and tried to pull his hand away but mom shifted annoyedly, whimpering, so, he stopped.

' Don't stiffen dad. She is your wife, for the love of God.'

He sat like that for a little while before giving in and comfortably sitting on the floor, by the bed. He rested his head on the mattress near me and dozed off in no time.

'There you go dad. That's the love mom deserves to have and you deserve to give.'

My parents might not be in a real marriage according to them but if you ask me, they are as much of a couple as anyone else, probably even more. They might not see it but I do. I see the love in Dadda's eyes when he gives up his chance to sleep on the bed for the couch, so Mumma could sleep peacefully after spending almost half of a night studying. I have seen love in Mumma's eyes when she patiently waits for Dadda to come back when he's late, to atleast have dinner together.

They might say and think that there is nothing between them, but you don't look at your wife like you would burn the entire world down to nothing just so there'd be a smile on her face. Nor do you look at your husband like he is the last man on earth for nothing.

I rested one of my paw on top of their hands that were clutchd together and closed my eyes till sleep consumed me.

Sometimes I really wonder when will they accept their feelings for each other.

.

.

.

.

Did you guys enjoy Coco's P.O.V? Do let me know your views.

Don't forget to like, comment and follow.

Have a nice day everyone