Part 7/15

The first class ended, and they're now on their break. Alex and Simon are now in the hallway. Nicola, Amy and Loren walk past.

Nicola: (waves at Alex)

Alex: (waves back) She's waving at me again, dude.

Simon: You're doing the creepy smile again, dude.

Alex: Can't help it. She's my dream girl, dude.

Simon: Yeah, whatever... Can you believe it? Maddy ignored us all morning.

Alex: Maddy! I still haven't talked to her.

Simon: Yeah, and I gotta talk to her too. What's with her ignoring us?

[They see Howe by himself, opening his locker]

Alex: Howe is over there. Let's go ask him where she is.

Simon: Okay.

[Alex and Simon walk up to Howe]

Alex: Hey, do you know where Maddy is?

Howe: Yeah, she went to the bathr... Hold on. I'm not gonna tell you where she is, you thief!

Simon: You kiiiinda just did.

Alex: Thief?

Howe: Yeah, girlfriend thief!

Alex: What are you talking about?

Howe: I'm not gonna let you steal Maddy from me again, you hear me? You're just gonna make her miserable, and force her to change schools, and I won't see her again.

Simon: What?

Alex: Yeah, what?

Howe: You heard me. The universe sent me back in time, to fix things. And I'm not gonna let you use Maddy as your rebound girl, just because Nicola rejected you! Now nick off!

[Howe walks away]

Alex: What is that guy talking about? Nicola rejected me?

Simon: ... You don't think the loop year thing is happening to him, is it?

Alex: I don't know.

Simon: Well, if it happened to you, it can happen to him as well, I suppose.

Alex: So Nicola rejected me? Is that what happened the first time?

Simon: It seems so.

Alex: Why would she reject me? She said she felt the same thing, in the letter. It doesn't make any sense. What is happening?

Simon: Calm down, mate. It's Howe. It could be just an elaborate prank.

Alex: I don't think anyone could fake a tempo loop prank. And apparently, Nicola rejected me!