Part 9/15

The class just passed, and they're now on their lunch break. Alex and Simon are eating lunch together.

Simon: You gotta make a decision, mate.

Alex: I know! I'm already under enough pressure.

Simon: ... I got an idea.

[Simon takes a coin from his wallet]

Alex: What are you doing?

Simon: Helping you make a decision. Heads is Nicola, tails is Maddy.

Alex: I'm not gonna flip for it.

Simon: Got a better idea?

Alex: ... No.

Simon: Great. Then flipping a coin, it is.

[Simon flips the coin, and then covers it with his hand, when it lands]

Alex: Get your hand out the way, I need to see where it landed.

Simon: No!

Alex: No?

Simon: You see, right now, you just subconsciously made your decision. You either want heads, or tails. Which is it, Alex?

Alex: ... Heads.

Simon: So I was right. You want Nicola.

Alex: You're good, Simon Birch.

Simon: I'm better than good. I'm great!

Alex: There's only one little detail you forgot: Nicola still rejected me, nonetheless.

Simon: Not on this timeline. 

Alex: It doesn't matter. It's over.

Simon: No, it's not. Have you ever thought that maybe, the only reason why she rejected you, is because you took too long to make a decision?

Alex: Or maybe she just doesn't really like me, and it's over.

[Simon slaps Alex]

Alex: Ow! What was that for?

Simon: You're not a quitter, Alex King. You went through a lot for this girl. You travelled through like four different timelines, embarrassed yourself millions of times, went through the worst two years of your life, just to be with her. And I'm not gonna let you waste that chance. You got Troy out of the way, mate. This is your moment now. This is your wake up call. Go get Nicola, before it's too late.

Alex: ... You're right, Simon. It doesn't matter what happened in the other timelines. There's only one moment that matters, and it's now! Let's go find Maddy, and fix this mess.

Simon: That's the spirit, mate. Now let's get 'em!