Part 14/15

Alex and Nicola are now outside, just the two of them.

Alex: So, uhm... We're here.

Nicola: Yeah, I can see that, Alex.

Alex: ... Okay. So, Alex and Nicola. Nicola, and Alex. That's been a bit of a roller-coaster, hasn't it (nervous laughter).

Nicola: Let's just cut to the chase, Alex. I know how you feel, you know how I feel.

Alex: Yeah, I know. I read your letter.

Nicola: So? Did you sort things out with Maddy?

Alex: I did, and... We're staying friends. I love you, Nicola. But Maddy is one of my best mates, and I won't give that friendship up, for anything.

Nicola: I know, Alex. I don't want you to stop being her friend. I just want you to be sure there's nothing more than friendship, between the two of you.

Alex: And there isn't. I swear.

[Alex sees Maddy and Howe walking by, in the distance]

Alex: In fact, you can see for yourself. Look behind you.

Nicola: (looks back) Is that Maddy and Howe? Are they an item?

Alex: Not yet, but they might be one soon.

Nicola: ... Okay. I see it.

Alex: ... I love you, Nicola. But I also wanna stay true to myself. You and I are very different people. I don't live in a huge house, I'm not popular, I don't like Boyz Az 1, and I don't dream of getting my big break and going to Hollywood, like you do. So if we're gonna be together, I want you to be okay with that.

Nicola: ... I am okay with that, Alex. We don't have to be clones. I know you're not perfect, and that's what I like about you. And I want you to realize, that I'm not perfect either.

Alex: I know. And that doesn't change my feelings for you, in the slightest.

Nicola: ... Good. Then there's nothing stopping us, from becoming a couple.

Alex: ... No. There isn't.

[They lean closer to each other, and finally kiss]

Alex: ... Wow. I can't believe that happened.

Nicola: Neither can I.

[They kiss again. And again. And again. They make out for a little bit, and then stop]

Alex: ... I love you.

Nicola: ... I love you too.

[They kiss one more time]

Alex: So, uhm... What do we do now?

Nicola: I don't know.

Alex: Don't you have to go back to your friends?

Nicola: ... Nah. They're snobs, either way. I need a break from them... Come on, let's go for a walk around school.