Part 12/15

Alex and Maddy are now walking back to Simon and Howe.

Alex: So Howe, huh?

Maddy: What about him?

Alex: Do you like him?

Maddy: I don't know yet, but I'm liking him so far, and I wanna see how this goes. Maybe he's the right guy for me, and I just didn't notice it until now.

Alex: But he's Parker's best friend.

Maddy: Was. They had a fight, because of some stuff that happened last year.

Alex: For real?

Maddy: Yep. I think he's changing. He's definitely gaining maturity.

Alex: Then if things work out between the two of you, you have my full support.

Maddy: Thank you, Alex.

[Alex and Maddy show up behind Simon and Howe, who are way too distracted in their conversation, to realize they're there]

Howe: Alex and Maddy didn't win the "cutest couple of the year" award, though. That was for Toby and Big Hannah.

Simon: No way! Toby and Big Hannah? That's crazy.

Howe: Yep.

Simon: They're actually a pretty good couple. I ship them.

Howe: Me too! I even wrote fanfics about them.

Simon: So did I!

Howe: I always wondered, if they got together and started a family, how tall would their children be?

Simon: Well, we can't know for sure, but if you have time, we could calculate the odds of tha-

Maddy: (clears throat)

Howe: (turns around) Maddy?

Simon: (turns around) Alex?

Alex: Yeah.

Howe: How long have you been listening for?

Maddy: We just got here.

Simon: We were just talking about cool manly things, like... How much we wanna fight each other, and stuff.

Howe: ... Yeah! That's true. We were just about to fight, like... Gladiators.

Maddy: Right. Come on, Howe. Let's go for a walk.

Howe: ... Okay.

Maddy: Good luck with Nicola, Alex.

Alex: Thank you. Have fun, you guys.

[Maddy and Howe walk away]

Simon: So? 

Alex: Everything's cool with Maddy. We're staying friends.

Simon: So, there's only one thing to do.

Alex: Yep. Let's go find Nicola.