Chapter 17: What I Can Do For You.

(a shorter one. Its hard when everyone isn't together, it gives less screen time to the place where Y/N is)

__

Y/n was walking behind Hendrickson, thinking if a way to kill him. She found a dagger further away. She used telekinesis to get it and he didn't seem to notice. She was about to strike him with it when she heard Dreyfus. "Hendrickson." He said. "I recognize that voice." Hendrickson said and looked up at Dreyfus who stood on an upper floor of the ruins that now was the castle. Y/n had to hide the dagger quickly and accidentally cut her arm. "Dreyfus."

"So, Dreyfus, you're still alive." Hendrickson said. "Vice GrandMaster Y/n, please step back." Dreyfus said. Y/n scoffed when he used her old title. But she was so weak that she sat down a little away from where the two men would inevitably fight. She started to bandage herself up and try to heal w burns with potions and stuff that she carried on her small bag connected to her belt.

"What do you think you're doing?" Hendrickson asked. "Hendrickson." Dreyfus said. "I'm the one to blame for changing you so drastically and for bringing this unimaginable chaos to the kingdom. Therefore, I will stone for these wrongs here and now by righting them myself." He put up his sword in Hendrickson's direction. "Do you honestly believe you have the power to stop me?" Hendrickson asked as demon energy started to flow off his body. "Yes." Dreyfus said. "I will defeat you no matter the cost. I bow to Holy Knight of Liones, and I give you my word as your friend!"

-

Dreyfus and Hendrickson went into an all out sword battle. "Silken Skewer!" Hendrickson said and tried to hit Hendrickson with his giant blast. Hendrickson dodged and jumped in the air behind Dreyfus. "Acid Down." Hendrickson said. And a ball of purple goo and smoke came around Dreyfus. But suddenly there was a large hole in Hendrickson's torso and he choked out blood.

"Have you forgotten, Hendrickson?" Dreyfus asked. "Just like my will, my body won't tarnish, decay nor will it perish! Even with all the force of your magical powers!" He allied out of the purple ball. "Impressive as ever, Dreyfus." Hendrickson said as the black energy on his body started to heal him. "It really is a shame. I wanted to have you as a friend until the very end." "That's the ability to regenerate, your strange appearance...Using the power of unnatural existence, are we?" Dreyfus asked. "How far you've fallen, Hendrickson!"

Dreyfus' sword started to power up in a light yellow glow and he got ready to strike. "Now die!" Dreyfus said. "Star Breaker!" "No, I don't think so." Hendrickson said. "From where I sit, Humans are less significant than insects scurrying in the dirt!" Hendrickson summed a purple and black ball of magic and Dreyfus' sword produced a ball of light. They shit both at each other and they collided in a light of explosion.

Y/n has been impacted by the explosion and laid on the ground with an open wound. There was dust and stone flying everywhere. "Is he dead?" She could hear Dreyfus ask. "Vice GrandMaster!"

Dreyfus ran up to her and started to bandage her up and took a napkin to dry the blood out. "Thank... you." Y/n said weakly. "Maybe I judged you too much. You are a very honorable knight and I am happy I once got to teach you."

"What a sweet exchange." Hendrickson said from behind. "Thank you for bandaging her up so nicely for me." "It's over... Hendrickson!" Dreyfus said. Dreyfus slashed multiple times at Hendrickson but it seemed to be ineffective. "How right you are, it is over." Hendrickson said and showed that he had completely destroyed Dreyfus' sword.

"Now that your magical powers are depleted, you have no chance." Hendrickson said. "You are so close too, Dreyfus." Dreyfus tried to punch Hendrickson in the face but nothing really happened.

"Admit defeat." Hendrickson said. "You're the one person I don't want to kill." Dreyfus tried to punch Hendrickson once more but it wasn't working. "You were an outstanding mentor to me. A good friend, even a rival. It's such a shame." Hendrickson said and touched Dreyfus' chest. Suddenly Dreyfus started to dust. "Now, melt away. I shall grant you a painless and tranquil death, old friend."