Chapter 26: The Cheif Holy Knigt Atones For His Sins and Where Memories Lead

(Sorry, I've been busy with school and then I've been sick and then got busy with school AGAIN. But I also just wanna say thank you guys so much for reading this. I'm officially above the amount of readers from my first attempt at this story and it really warms my heart that so many of you like what I put out and make. I will try to stay more consistent and work harder but it's very hard with school. But I hope you enjoy this drama filled chapter. <3)
__

Y/n felt... fuzzy. Like there was a ledge gap in her head filled with fog. The last thing she could remember was... no it was... it felt like her last memory was erased every time and she went further and further back in time. She could remember something and then a second later she could no longer remember that it ever happened.

Then it stopped, and now she could remember her latest memory. She is a prisoner in the demon clan and has lived there for a few years. That was the last thing she could remember. Her people were just murdered in cold blood...

She felt someone standing over her. She opened her eyes and saw... 'wait, who's that?' She thought. 'Oh, wait.... Now I remember. It's my childhood friend, Elizabeth. She's from the goddess clan. I must have been rescued!'

"Lady Y/n, are you...?" Elizabeth asked with tears in her eyes. Y/n smiled and hugged the woman before her. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Y/n. "But why did you call me 'lady'? And why do you look so different?..." "Huh?" Elizabeth said in confusion. "You were the one who made me these clothes." "Did I?" Y/n asked. "I can't remember that... um... where are we?"

-

"Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth said and ran in with Y/n after her who seemed to not really pay attention. "Something is wrong with lady Y/n." "What's the problem?" Meliodas asked who stood in the same room as Slader, Arthur, a stone statue Merlin and a naked Gowther.

"She can't seem to remember much." Elizabeth said. "Who are you talk-..." Y/n cut herself off when she saw Meliodas. "Demon!" She screamed and was about to attack Meliodas but Elizabeth held her back. "W-what?" Meliodas said and started to get worried. "You heard me, you murderer!" Y/n said. "Elizabeth, let me go so I can have at him." "But... you said you forgave me..." Meliodas said in confusion. "I never said that." Y/n said and looked down at him with disgust. "We've never even had a real conversation."

The air in the room was tense. "Merlin, what did you do?" Meliodas asked. "Why is she like... this?" "I didn't do anything." Merlin's disembodied voice from her Sacred Treasure said. "I wasn't the one to make her faint. It seems something else is behind this memory loss."

"Oh, I did it." Gowther said. Everyone turned their attention to Gowther. "What did you say?" Meliodas said. "I took away her memories." Gowther said. "She has told me before that you can't just take away someone's memory, that it would hurt that person. So I wanted to test it out. She doesn't seem so different." "Not so different?!" Meliodas said, his rage almost boiling over.

"Calm down captain." Merlin said. "Gowther, just give her back her memories." "Oh, I can't." Gowther said. "I didn't take her memories, I erased them. They don't exist anymore." "You!... you!... just..." Meliodas was so angry that he was shaking. But then it evaporated, the anger he felt turned into remorse for the friend he lost. "Well, hopefully we can figure something out." Merlin said. "It might be best to try and sort this out with the druids. They should know something. In the meantime we'll just have to explain to Y/n the parts of her life that she lost."

-

Merlin had taken Y/n, who was forced to come with due to magic, and Meliodas, who Y/n couldn't attack due to magic, in a private room. Meliodas and Merlin filled in the blanks in Y/n's memory and she reluctantly listened.