Chapter 27: The Druid's Holy Land

__

It hadn't been long before the rest came back to the tavern and they started to get moving. They had all stood outside, keeping watch on where they were going. "So where do you think we should start?" King asked. "Before Diane joined the sins, she was still living in her hometown." Meliodas said. "Hold on." King said. "You don't mean..." "the Giant race's homeland, Megadozer." Meliodas said. "Well then, let's keep heading up north and get that girls memories back." Y/n said. "Well, it will take a while. Megadoza is 300 miles away." Merlin said. "It could potentially take a few days." "I'm so worried." Elizabeth said. "I hope Diane's all right." "Don't worry about it princess." Y/n said. "We'll bring her back, no matter what."

It was later in the evening now. Most people had gone to bed. The only ones awake were Y/n and Meliodas. They hadn't really spoken at all. Instead, Y/n just sat by the bar and drank alcohol free drinks while Meliodas cleaned his mugs and took care of the bar.

"Hey, uh..." Meliodas said, breaking the long silence. "You and I usually sleep together. But, I really know you like your space from... strangers. And well, Ban is gone, for now. So I have prepared the upstairs bedroom for you and Elizabeth." Y/n seemed quite surprised by this gesture. Back in the framing realm, nobody cared about her boundaries and feelings. "Thanks. I appreciate you for doing that for me." Y/n said as she took another sip of the drink she had. "And I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. I am starting to believe that 3000 years have passed. But I don't know if our relationship will ever go back to what it once was according to you. I have no idea if I'll ever get those 3000 years back off my life. But, I'll help you guys out, if it means ending all these holy war conflicts." Meliodas looked at Y/n and jumped over the bar. He gave Y/n one of his classic cheeky smiles and hugged her. "I promise you, I'll help you get your memories back." "What did we say about boundaries?" Y/n said. "Ah! Sorry!" Meliodas said and stopped hugging her. Then they both laughed a little.

Suddenly Y/n started to get flashes in her head. Flashes of scenes that all included Meliodas. But most never seemed to be connected. She heard the words "I promise" and laughter coming from the same voice, Meliodas' voice. The trance was suddenly gone when someone waved a hand in front of her face. "Hey, you good?" Meliodas asked. "You spaced out." "Uh, yeah, sorry." Y/n said. "So, who's this Ban guy?" "Oh, yeah, you don't remember him, huh." Meliodas said. "Well, ban is this big guy, pretty muscly. We have his poster on the wall over there." Y/n turned her head to the wall and saw a bunch of wanted posters. One even looked like her. "Am I a wanted criminal?" Y/n asked. "What did I do?" "You killed a whole kingdom." Meliodas said. "What?!" Y/n asked in shock. "I killed a whole Kingdom? Why?" "Nah, I'm joking." Meliodas said. "You didn't do anything. We were all framed for a murder." "Don't joke about stuff like that." Y/n mumbled and drank more. "I believed you."

"Well, let's get back to the topic of Ban." Meliodas said. "He's a pretty nice dude. Our friend, actually. He wants to bring this girl back, she's an old friend of yours. He cares about you a bunch. I'll bet ya he will freak out when he gets to know you lost your memories."

Before Y/n even could respond to that, she got in this sort of trance again. She saw visions of this man, pretty buff, blue hair, scar on his left cheek. None of what she saw now seemed to connect to each other either. It was all random mumbo jumbo. He looked like what Meliodas described Ban to look like. She hear a multitude of things. She heard a male voice that repeated words like "princess", "I'll bring back Elaine", and then other flirty remarks. She got herself out of that trance by shaking her head violently.

"Are you sure these drinks are alcohol free?" Y/n asked, scared she was going crazy. "Yeah." Meliodas said and looked at her with a worried look. "Anything wrong?" "No. No, I'm fine." Y/n said. She had started to feel better, and she didn't feel so distant to Meliodas anymore. "I'm quite good actually. So, where's your bedroom?" "Oh, it's on the second floor." Meliodas said. "But, yours and Elizabeth's are on the third floor." "Why? Thought you said you usually slept with me?" Y/n said with a grin and put her mug on the counter. "But if you really don't wanna-" before she could even finish, a quite happy Meliodas dragged her to his bedroom.